Critical Account Program Manager, APAC (based in Singapore)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
A Critical Account Program (CAP) Manager position is a strategic, high-visibility role that provides the highest level of escalation for customer issues that are jeopardizing the Palo Alto Networks business relationship and/or sales opportunities with key customers. These issues typically have executive visibility and involve issues that span product, service, support and other business functions across Palo Alto Networks. The CAP Manager will lead and own the resolution of customer's critical issues by building and owning an interdepartmental, cross functional, and geographically dispersed Palo Alto Networks virtual team. In owning the virtual team, the CAP Manager will liaise with and work across various Palo Alto Networks functional organizations and business units, and with all levels of the company; from Support, Sales, Product management and development engineers to management and corporate executives.
- Drive progress and resolution of customer's critical issues
- Engage and lead cross-functional and geographically disperse teams in the development and execution of action plans to address critical situations
- Effectively communicate critical issue status to executive staff, sales teams, and other invested parties
- Creative thinking, flexibility and versatility
- Demonstrate strong judgment at risk management and problem mitigation, as well as making timely decisions from both business and technical perspectives
- Strong ability to influence and effective at assigning tasks and responsibilities to successfully achieve all key objectives of the critical account
- Identify systemic and pervasive issues related to products and/or processes and drive actions to prevent future problems
- Program/project management of critical issues in a cross-functional environment that includes working with sales, customer and partners to resolve complex and critical issues
- Strong capacity for Influencing, negotiating and delegating efforts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to provide periodic updates (verbal and written) to Corporate Executives
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging environment with global customers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a goal of driving issues to closure on behalf of the customer
- A customer-first attitude and a willingness to focus and contribute to foster customer success
- Shown ability to lead and motivate others
- Experience as Escalations Engineer, Technical Account Management, Engineering Management, Customer Support Management, or similar roles desired
- 8+ years of customer facing sales and/or services delivery roles
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products built and supported by our people. We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting every day transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.