Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks® is seeking a highly experienced and highly motivated Senior Manager of Manufacturing Engineering to join our exciting, fast growing company. The Senior Manager of Manufacturing Engineering will work closely with multiple functional teams across the company on the development, launch and support of our industry leading hardware products. This position reports to the Director of Technical Operations and is based at our headquarters in Santa Clara, California.
- Through your leadership of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will drive the tactical day- to-day activities of the team as well as the strategic initiatives that contribute to continuous improvement of processes and products
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership (Hardware Engineering, New Product Introduction Program Managers, Product Management, Supply Chain, Test Engineering, Hardware Quality Engineering) for all hardware development programs, both OEM and ODM
- Ensure product structures, bills of materials and assemblies are documented in the Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) tools
- Lead the engagement with our contract manufacturing partners and key supplies in developing and documenting relevant work process instructions and processes to ensure our HW products are compliant to specifications
- Drive DfX (Design for Excellence) into the HW products through collaborative partnership with the development teams through the NPI phase to meet manufacturability, assembly and cost goals
- Ensure your team delivers excellent support to products in production throughout their life cycle, collaborating cross functionally to resolve production process issues, design issues and quality issues as they arise
- Ensure your team collaboratively works with internal engineering, product management and supply chain as well as with our supply and manufacturing partners to conduct DFM (Design for Manufacturability) and DFA (Design for Assembly) reviews of both PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly) and mechanical assemblies
- Ensure key supplier and manufacturing partner readiness in alignment with NPI development milestones and deliverables
- Ensure your team supports prototype builds, FAI (First Article Inspection), design bug tracking, and corrective/preventive action tracking and closure through the NPI process.
- Ensure team ownership of the development of the product packaging for all HW product
- Working in collaboration with the leadership of Engineering and Supply Chain Program Management, ensure products are supported throughout the full life cycle in the factory and the field
- Direct the team in the release of all necessary deviations and change orders to support design updates, manufacturing process updates and product quality issue resolution
- Ensure the team supports the repair activities of all HW products, OEM and ODM, through our repair partners
- BS/BA in a discipline directly related to Manufacturing Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering). A master’s degree and/or post graduate study in a relevant discipline is a plus
- 10-12 years of progressive direct experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Product Development Engineering, including at least 5 years in a leadership/management role is required
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in manufacturing process, both printed circuit board assembly and mechanical assembly, with a primary focus in one or more areas
- Direct experience in partnering with contract manufacturers in the assembly, test and fulfillment of medium volume, high mix manufacturing environments
- Basic knowledge and understanding of manufacturing test processes, end-to-end, and factory automation techniques for the assembly and test of like products
- Basic understanding and involvement with product safety and regulatory compliance is a real plus
- A highly collaborative working style in a team environment is a must
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and facilitation skills in a fast-paced product development environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written, within all levels of an organization up to the Senior Executive Level
Our Manufacturing team has extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a dedication to success and a consistent track record of success in all aspects of supply chain and project management.
Our manufacturing team leadership establishes clear objectives, defining and implementing profit improvement and profiling inventory management, valuation, and lead-time improvement programs. If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.