Senior Application Penetration Tester
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Information Security organization is seeking a Senior application penetration tester to join our Security Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and execution of blackbox and whitebox penetration tests against Palo Alto Networks SAAS products and services. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where energy, drive, and a collaborative approach are key to success.
● Engage with business owners in pre-engagement activities including scope definition, environment setup and scheduling
● Conduct application layer penetration tests against SAAS applications and service APIs
● Conduct source code reviews when needed
● Prepare and deliver technical reports to business owners and InfoSec partners
● Assist, as a subject matter expert, in remediation planning and execution
● Assist with security investigations, root-cause analysis and corrective measures as required
● Occasionally plan and manage engagements to be executed by external partners when needed
● Assist in the management of application security programs like continuous scanning, bug bounty, secure development lifecycle and others
● Stay current on exploitation and post-exploitation techniques and incorporate them into the penetration testing arsenal
● 5 - 7 years’ experience in application penetration testing
● Must have the ability to conduct manual and automated assessment of applications
● Must have the ability to effectively work with remote peers
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
● Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
● Public speaking and demonstrated thought leadership in the security space
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals who challenge the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.