Manager, Professional Services Consultant - Japan
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
In this role, you will manage a group of professional services consultants in your assigned territory. You will be responsible to drive professional services business, provide management oversight to your team and all ongoing engagements, ensuring high billable utilization rates, and specific services margins. You will also work closely with sales to ensure customer satisfaction, build relationships with all customers in your territory to ensure customer success and reference ability.
- Provide strategic direction and input to the technical development of the Professional Services team members
- Manage the daily activities of the Services Engineers such as hiring, firing, promotions, time off, expense reports, development growth, training, and disciplinary actions
- Work with the partners to provide strategic direction and input to the development of their product offerings and technical development
- Ensure customer technical requirements are met
- Drive new business by utilizing Professional Services capabilities and offerings
- Ensure all customer engagements are successful
- Provide status to the Services leadership team on all major activities, issues, escalations, etc.
- 50+% travel is required
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field (EE, CE, etc.), Graduate degree (MBA or Master of Engineering) is preferred
- 5+ years managing teams of 6+ technical security consultants
- 7+ years of building Internet security solutions at enterprise customers
- Good technical knowledge of Internet security concepts and implementations/products
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPNs, LANs, WANs, IPSEC, and Encryption Technology
- Demonstrated leadership and team building capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Security certifications such as CISSP and or others
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.