Senior Deal Desk Analyst (JAPAC)
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Senior Deal Desk Analyst to join our organisation. The primary focus of this position will be to help structure profitable and compliant transactions that address the needs of a diverse set of internal corporate customers and increase the effectiveness and productivity of our sales teams. The right person for this job has a team player approach, the ability to work across departments with disparate needs, excels at problem solving through critical analysis, and is challenged by process review and continuous improvement.
- Provide senior Leadership with financial models and evaluation of deal economics, commercial terms and conditionals, as well as operational requirements to present risk/reward profile for opportunities.
- Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements, structure, business terms and identify potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth, and strategic positioning.
- Partner with the field sales organization to drive large deal closure, including being a one-touch resource for field sales; responsible for liaising with all organizations involved in the agreement process (finance, legal, order management, etc.) on behalf of sales.
- Also, serve as a trusted advisor to field sales on deals.
- Key resource reviewing and approving all non-standard pricing requests. Review will include financial analysis for gross margin, VSOE compliance, and non-standard term requests.
- Become an expert on the CPQ tool (SFDC), reviewing and enforcing revenue recognition compliance for all quoting.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders for decision support deal solutions.
- Collaborate with impacted parties to generate acceptable documents to facilitate deal closure.
- Ensure required approvals, such as discounts and contractual terms, are obtained and clearly documented.
- Evaluate current processes and offer recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required.
- Proven relevant experience preferably in a tech environment, and in a Sales Operations or Financial role
- Intermediate/Advanced skills with SalesForce.com and MS-Excel or Google Sheets are highly recommended
- Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships with internal business units
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with data analysis, modeling and/or financial analysis
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), as well as problem-solving skills
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Finance is preferred
Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.