Customer Success Engineer - Endpoint Security
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a hardworking and passionate Customer Success Engineer who is customer obsessed and wants to help our customers during their cloud transformation journey. You will act as a trusted technical advisor to our customers to help ensure efficient Palo Alto Networks’ public cloud security adoption, and to accelerate business value and ROI. In this role, you will work closely with customer Security Architects, Security Engineers, InfoSec and DevOps teams within mid-to-large enterprises to implement best in class cloud security solutions.
From day one, you will roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running and bring all of your experience to the team to increase customer satisfaction, value, retention, and expansion of our footprint. Most importantly, you have a positive, “can do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks solutions to achieve their business and security objectives
- Assist customers in implementing custom integrations and workflows to ensure Palo Alto Networks solutions are fully integrated into their security operations center
- Be the first line of defense in solving customer support requests, and coordinating and prioritizing timely resolutions with engineering teams
- Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Coach customers on how to establish and manage their Cloud Security Change Management/Governance/Center of Excellence program
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan or escalate as needed
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs
- Be Go-To customer specialist on Palo Alto Networks public cloud security solutions and become a Subject Matter expert over time.
- Performance metrics CSAT, Renewal rate, Upsell / Cross-sell lead identification, Reference-ability, Renewal likelihood, Adoption, Consumption, Customer Engagement
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in pre- or post-sales, support, customer success, consulting or similar roles
- 5+ years of related experience
- Required experience with supporting endpoint software products.
- Required strong experience with Windows OS based applications (Installation, troubleshooting, Debugging)
- Strong experience with MS environment (Exchange, SCCM, GPO, AD, MSSQL, IIS)
- Experience with endpoint security software is a plus (Antivirus, DLP, IPS, NAC)
- Experience with Security is a plus (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
- Experience with batch scripting is a plus
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique environments with mixed applications and protocols required
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
- Strong consulting and project management skills, with validated results working as a trusted advisor to drive business value for customers, including the ability to interact with client teams at various levels of technical and non-technical depth
- Proven track record of handling customer escalations, balancing customer expectations, and negotiating successful resolutions
- Existing knowledge of, and experience with public cloud platform (IaaS) features, capabilities, and best use
- Experience with security products and/or offerings
- Ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to provide after-hours support on a scheduled / non-scheduled basis
- Flexibility for travel up to 30%
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.