Compensation Data Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
• In coordination with the Compensation Program Managers and People Analytics team, develop and maintain an analytical platform for statistical and data visualization reviews in support of developing new and refining existing rewards programs
• Partner with Compensation Advisors and People Business partners to clarify the implications of the data analysis, and articulate recommended actions and initiatives
• Initiative and facilitate stakeholder interviews and related fact-finding sessions to gain perspective on data availability and validity, and qualify analytical
• Help prepare initial drafts of executive presentations used to facilitate the discovery and decision-making process
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Social Science, I/O Psychology, Finance, Computer Science, or another field that uses quantitative analysis or equivalent practical experience
• Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data
• Experience using Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, R, Python, STATA, SAS, etc
• Experience applying statistical methods (e.g., correlations, regressions, A/B testing, GLM, decision tree, random forest, etc)
• Able to manage a variety of projects and to effectively handle short notice assignments
• Ability to learn quickly and think independently
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment across multiple time zones
Our People team works throughout the organization to enable ... you guessed it: people. We’re one team, driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the People team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most challenging cybersecurity threats.
You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects — centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.