Director, GTM Strategy, VM NGFW
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Director, GTM (Go to Market) Strategy, VM NGFW, an experienced product (technical and/or sales) leader to drive our product acceleration for our VM NGFW. Beyond traditional GTM, messaging, strategy and value proposition, we are looking for this leader to think creatively while being technically grounded.
You will have substantial experience in bringing products to market, aligning messaging, and developing GTM strategies. This role will serve as the GTM sales, product, and marketing executive to lead engagement with a variety of product management, product marketing, communications, and field marketing groups at Palo Alto Networks.
- Work closely with Palo Alto Networks marketing executives and key product management leaders to develop the overall messaging, marketing strategy and priorities
- Drive content creation to support messaging and objectives for awareness and demand generation campaigns that produce leads and referrals for Palo Alto Networks
- Lead team to drive a buyer’s journey approach to market adoption, sales/partner enablement and pipeline cultivate
- Lead and influence the creation of high-impact, scalable global marketing programs
- Ensure that we have compelling materials for global sales teams to use in driving customer demand for our security subscriptions
- Identify and track relevant metrics of success and standard methodologies
- Technical degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years of field, marketing, and/or product experience
- Enjoy operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and competitive environment with a focus on partner success
- Experience working with partners, channel, and/or system integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand
- Strategic and analytical thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop and execute compelling marketing plans
- Experience with complexity and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrated use of critical thinking techniques
- Demonstrated experience developing effective sales messaging content and presentations
- Experience working across product, marketing, sales and present to executives
- Ability to provide market level or strategic level analysis for senior executives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- People management experience
- Technical competency (Systems Engineering, TME, etc.) is desired
- Knowledge of firewall, endpoint security, and cloud security are a plus
- MBA preferred but not required
Desired experience for our Director, GTM Strategy, VM NGFW:
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to think about the larger market, how it is evolving, where we fit into that market, where our competition fits, and how we can capitalize
- Business Modeling: Design different business models to understand how different actions could lead to different outcomes for us, for our competition, and for the market
- Data Analysis: These are complex markets with many factors affecting growth. Need a keen mind to assess large sets of numbers, determine causal variables to focus on, and develop plans based on these facts
- Product Skills: Understand the product and how it fits into the market at an expert level. Determine if field enablement is sufficient; if not, how should it be enhanced (Sales and SEs)
- Program Management: Need to develop plans that will be implemented by other teams. Create a shared narrative, great milestones, track progress, and ensure the plan succeeds
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our GTM (and Product) Teams helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product and marketing teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
day is safe