Sr. Manager, Commissions
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join its Sales Finance team as a Sr. Manager, Commissions. We’re looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader passionate for driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
In this combined coach/player role, the successful candidate will be responsible for Commissions Reporting, Forecasting, and Analytics. Specifically, the Senior Manager, Commissions will prepare and present commissions forecasts across the Global Sales function and will work with cross-functional leadership to serve as the Finance partner throughout the “end-to-end” commissions’ process. Additionally, this person will advise on compensation plan designs and operational aspects to ensure there is a high-level of accuracy, transparency, and efficiency related to all Commissions’ topics and is expected to lead and mentor the Commissions’ Analyst(s) on the team.
- Partner with Go-To-Market (GTM) leaders to align business and financial goals
- Manage and produce short and long-term commissions forecasts, where you own your forecast accuracy
- Further scale our Sales Finance - Commissions group by improving existing and/or establishing new processes and models to enhance our Commissions forecasting capabilities focusing on speed, accuracy, and efficiency
- Partner with Sales Operations, Accounting, and other internal Finance teams to manage and fulfill monthly close processes related to commissions
- Advise on compensation design planning, operational execution of compensation strategy, and evaluation and assessment of other ad-hoc GTM incentive programs
- Manage, produce, and present commissions and quota attainment metrics and other ad-hoc GTM analyses
- Bachelor's in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred
- 7+ years of related Finance experience preferred. Prior Sales Finance experience strongly preferred
- Prior familiarity with Finance Systems, including, Salesforce, SAP, and commission platforms (i.e., Callidus, Xactly, etc.)
- Working knowledge in GAAP accounting for both commissions and revenue
- Excellent analytical, financial, and statistical modeling. Power Excel user who is comfortable with large data sets and simulation modeling
- Effective presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex topics in a distilled manner
- Strong team player, and independent thinker, with high intellectual and emotional intelligence
- Deadline-driven, organized, and able to multi-task with the willingness to adapt to the rapid business and organizational demands that result from a high-growth environment
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.