Hardware Engineer (Board Design)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a key contributor in the platform hardware development team, you will be responsible for the complete design cycle of Palo Alto Networks firewall products. You will be a member of an interdisciplinary team including: mechanical engineering, signal integrity, layout, and compliance. You will also collaborate cross-functionally with peers in product management, software, and operations.
Deliver new firewall products to the market for the world’s #1 Network Security company by performing the following:
- Product definition, specification, and component selection
- Schematic entry and layout oversight
- Prototype bring-up, debug, and verification testing
- 2-5 years’ experience in hardware development
- Proven success in full design-cycle ownership from concept to production release
- Proven success in design, bring-up, and debug of new boards
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic development environment
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and documentation skills
- Experience with network product design
- Experience with embedded systems
- Familiar using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, traffic generators, etc.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.