Director of Product Management (Customer Experience)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks IT is building a world-class IT product management team and continues to look for top-notch IT product managers to expand the team. As a Director for IT Customer Experience, you will be responsible for partnering with various business stakeholders to develop and drive the Customer Support and Customer Success product roadmaps.
Through your thought leadership and creativity, you will partner closely with business stakeholders, bring external insight to building a world-class customer support/success organization in a high tech company, and work with SaaS providers to build a robust Customer Experience IT roadmap, set of requirements, and a forward-thinking agenda. We are transforming the Customer Support experience at Palo Alto Networks with increased emphasis on self-service, tiered support, advanced channels of support, and using product telemetry and Machine Learning to build a proactive/predictive Support organization.
In addition, with the inclusion of a large portfolio of cloud-delivered security products, the need for building a robust Customer Success organization focused on adoption, churn, and upsell has increased. You will be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products, and applications that customers and stakeholders love. Your job will be partnering with various stakeholders in the business to help us deliver against this transformational journey. In this position, you will report directly to VP of IT Customer Experience.
- Partner with the business to write business case/associated documents to get approval on strategic initiatives associated with Customer Success and Support
- Manage a team of business analysts and junior product managers responsible for the Customer Experience IT portfolio
- Market and business analysis, requirements development, business case, and product roadmap development
- Effectively partner with business and IT teams to deliver on an aggressive agenda of projects for improving customer experience and customer support globally
- Manage project portfolio associated with Customer Experience IT development effectively, manage feature prioritization and trade-off decision making
- Act as the product owner in an Agile/Scrum process and own writing of user stories, acceptance criteria, and sign off on feature completion
- Manage business expectations, being proactive in planning for fiscal quarters and annual planning, and building excellent partnerships with various leaders within the company
- Apply consumer-product mindset to enterprise-level complexity to produce elegant product solutions
- Oversee close coordination with UX to develop a shared vision to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
- Strong desire to take ownership of IT portfolio and drive a product roadmap
- Drive to design something new, innovative, and disruptive
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is required
- At least 5-8 years of product management experience with at least three years managing teams especially compromising of business analysts/product managers
- Strong domain expertise working with teams across organizations with a stellar track record of success
- Proven experience translating desired customer experiences into clearly defined product requirements
- Strong understanding and experience with Agile/Scrum teams as a Product Owner
- Understanding of the fundamental concepts of machine learning
- Strong market analytic/quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of basic human-centered design philosophy and practice
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.