Cloud Technical Sales Manager- Federal
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Cloud Technical Sales Manager – Prisma Cloud Security Specialist, you will be the authority on our cybersecurity offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) include Containers and Serverless.
Our sales teams align Prisma Public Cloud (RedLock/TwistLock) to customer needs, developing relationships with executives and providing insight to help customers understand the value of the RedLock and TwistLock platform through hands on demos, success criteria, and overall solution intelligence.
- Overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country to achieve quota
- Plan and directs all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies as well as staffing and training
- Establish short- and long-term goals plus quotas in line with corporate objectives
- Sell products to new and/or current customers in an assigned region to achieve or exceed assigned quota
- Contact prospective customers to determine product needs and perform sales presentations to match company's products and identified needs
- Prospect and develop business opportunities, respond to RFPs, and develop proposals for presentation to the customer
- Oversee account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development
- Responsible for pre-sales function as needed
- Communicate goals in “solution” or project goal terms
- Maintain sales records and prepares sales reports as required
- Provide follow up with customers to ensure a quality customer experience with our products
- Lead all aspects of the evaluation program
- Understand competition in region and general business climate
- 5 years of direct enterprise software executive sales experience
- Knowledge of the territory, in particular, fortune accounts
- Shown track record on closing seven figure transactions
- History of exceeding software sales quotas through strategic selling skills
- Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level
- Ability to build strong and continuous partner relationships
- Technical acumen, but with the ability to relate it relative to business value
- High intellect and the capacity to multitask
- Excellent qualifying and closing skills
- A highly consultative sales professional with superb communication and closing skills
- Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
- High level of ethical behavior
- A risk taker who has a high level of ambition balanced with good business judgment and instincts
- Enjoy consensus and work well within a team environment
- Strong work ethic
- The desire to make this career decision for the long term, develop sales management skills and contribute to a growing industry leading software company
- Working knowledge of Public Cloud Service Providers (Amazon, GCP, Azure)
- Expertise in Container Security
- Experience selling into Devops
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.