Principal Software Engineer (PKI Product Owner)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer (PKI Product Owner) who will be responsible for the overall design, implementation and maintainability of our customer facing PKI infrastructure. As senior technical staff, you will own Tier-3 engineering for PKI domain and related technologies.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with highly innovative technologies.
You will make a big impact in this highly visible role by building PKI as a service offering for our customers!
- Ownership of designing, implementing and supporting globally distributed customer-facing PKI infrastructure service, including scalability, capacity planning, redundancy, and resiliency.
- Work on disruptive technologies creating PKI as a global service.
- Provision, configure & support resilient hybrid cloud deployment architecture, while maintaining availability and performance SLAs based on business and product requirements.
- Maintain all documentation related to Certificate Practice Statement (CPS), including areas of design, deployment, validation, operations and DR/BCP.
- Design proactive service monitoring, alerting and trend analysis of underlying infrastructure, and support the operations team in implementation.
- Increase maturity of PKI product/service by defining Governance and Standards, building product roadmaps, and publishing the PKI engagement model with SLAs.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional development teams to define technical requirements for implementation and adoption of X.509 certificate usage with Palo Alto Networks products and Cloud services and develop automation and integration methods with PKI solution.
- Create presentation layers for the technical, business and executive management teams showing environment operational health based on Key Performance Indicators
- 5-10 years PKI infrastructure service experience.
- Design and performance tuning for infrastructure and API in-depth knowledge of PKI elements such as X.509 certificates, PKI elements and hierarchy, trust models and cross-certification.
- 5-10 years of hands-on Linux experience in managing and supporting Linux server infrastructure in CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu.
- Experience and understanding of installation and management of OCSP and HSM solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Certificate Lifecycle Management
- Must be able to collaborate between product management, engineering and IT teams for our PKI service roadmap.
- Experience in building a Certificate Practice Statement (CPS).
- Strong technical writing skills to support required documentation.
- Must be comfortable with Ansible, Chef or similar configuration management tool to manage infrastructure as code and source code control systems such a GIT or SVN.
- Experience with Thales(SafeNet) HSMs is a plus.
- Fluent in security & encryption terminology.
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of work experience required.
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.