At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an Accounting Supervisor to help drive financial accounting quality and efficiencies under robust internal controls through the Company’s continued high pace growth. This person will be responsible for several accounting processes working with cross-functional teams to support projects and implement process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
● Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts, ensuring accuracy and adherence to GAAP and Company policy
● Perform Fixed assets tasks, including but not limited to day-to-day processing of CAPEX transactions and month-end reconciliation
● Assist with tasks associated with the new lease accounting guidance under ASC 842
● Partner with cross-functional teams, such as FP&A, Accounts Payable, Facilities, and International
● Accounting teams on a regular basis to review transactions in order to understand projects and reflect accurate balances in financial statements
● Prepare global fixed asset cash flow report, fixed assets rollforward, and flux analysis for management presentations
● Prepare journal entries related to intangibles amortizations and fixed assets accruals
● Review multiple expense accounts to validate items are expensed or capitalized according to GAAP and corporate policies
● Oversee annual fixed assets inventory in multiple locations
● Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets
● Conduct periodic demo assets confirmation process
● Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets
● Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management
● Provide support for internal and external audits and prepare ad hoc reports, PBCs, 10Q/10K schedules
● Assist with other projects and responsibilities as required
● Support administrative tasks for ERP and Account Reconciliation tool
● Train and supervise additional team members to support company’s growth including reconciliations and reports prepared by others
● Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required (CPA or MBA a plus)
● Big 4 accounting firm experience a plus
● Minimum 5-7 years of experience in accounting for large corporations preferred
● Experience with SAP or large ERP systems a plus
● Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint (G-Suite is a plus!)
● Experience with account reconciliations tools like Blackline a plus
● Detail oriented and efficient in processing transactions
● Ability to multitask, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a fast paced environment
● Promotes teamwork and works well with others
● Energetic and positive attitude
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our accounting department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building solutions and providing accurate, insightful financial information to empower our business lines. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.