Inside Systems Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Corporate Systems Engineer you will be responsible for presenting our security solutions to prospective customers: crafting and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, and making expert technical recommendations. You will work closely with the Inside Sales team and Channel partners to provide training and technical support. You will also provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
- Effectively lead conversations about Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of products and solutions that clearly differentiates from competitors or legacy security solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Proactively expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts
- Maintain key partner technical relationships and effectively enable and leverage channel partners to excel in a channel-driven sales model
- Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of the Palo Alto Networks platform and clearly differentiate from competitors, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Gather customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process, helping manage support escalations with the customer to closure, if necessary
- Building and maintaining of a SE lab for testing and training purposes and assisting with customer EBC visits
- 5+ years of experience as a successful SE, systems integrator, or equivalent experience with an undergraduate degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Electrical/Computer/Network Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent preferred OR
- 3+ years of experience with a graduate degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Electrical/Computer/Network Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances, such as Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Knowledge of L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Experience training customers and partners on the technical subject matter, including new networking and security feature
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing salesperson – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.