Finance Director, G&A
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an exceptional Finance Director to join our G&A Finance team. This position reports to the VP of FP&A and will partner closely with the People Team organization. We’re looking for a strong leader with exceptional analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader passionate for driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will work with executive business partners in G&A to help drive strategic decision-making, provide financial insight, and build operational rigor and efficiency. You will own the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting for these teams and provide recommendations to your business partners within these key functional areas. You will also be responsible for key financial deliverables and ad hoc analyses.
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning for G&A teams
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers of the G&A functions in order to communicate how these drivers impact the strategic and financial future of the company
- Help define and implement scalable financial processes related to month-end and quarter-end close, including business drivers and reporting
- Provide advanced analytics and develop new processes and tools to deliver impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making
- Build, manage, and maintain models including spend dashboards, forecasting and headcount planning
- Manage software capitalization process, developing a scalable and process, ensuring appropriate accounting controls are maintained.
- Ensure appropriate financial rigor is applied in spending decisions. Identify and drive optimization opportunities.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years related experience showing strong career progression; prior G&A Finance experience strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with an understanding of software, appliances and/or SaaS business models
- Capable of seamlessly moving from the big picture to the details and back. Effective presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex topics in a distilled manner
- Strong team player, and independent thinker, with high intellectual and emotional intelligence
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.