Sr. Manager, Customer Success
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This role is focused on ensuring our customers’ success, driving growth/adoption of our technology as well as boosting renewals and gleaning strategic insights that improve our product value. This is an exciting opportunity to unequivocally influence our customers and Palo Alto Networks success. Reporting to the Director, Customer Success, the Sr. Manager - Customer Success role will lead a team of CSMs managing strategic and enterprise customers/accounts.
This is a challenging role that requires exceptional customer relationships, team building, deep management and demonstrated coaching skills, a motivational style, and analytical skills. We are looking for someone that is truly passionate about customer advocacy and team development and has a proven track record to talk about! Additionally, you will have a focus on quality management; foster an environment of innovation and high accountability, and demonstrate the ability to drive continuous operational improvement as a way of working and managing. Are you a person, by nature, that is a conservative risk-taker, with a high level of ambition, and thrive in an environment of change?
- Manage your team to develop delivery plans that maximize the customer experience and achieve higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Leading a team Customer Success Managers; assisting the team with key escalations and, where required, the production of best practice blueprints for the portfolio of customers
- Measure effectiveness of Customer Success Managers, ensuring the team delivers on Key Operational metrics, including Customer Health - Green/Yellow/Red, Adoption (Consumption & Usage), Reference-ability, Renewal Likelihood, Upsell / Cross-Sell Potential, and % Retention / Renewal
- Create cadence for review within the team to drive premier programmatic Customer Success practice
- Attracting, hiring and retaining a group of Customer Success Managers, attract high potential individual contributors into the team, ensure rapid onboarding process for new team members, foster collaboration within internal teams and across the customer lifecycle
- Working closely with Sales reps and Renewals managers to identify new opportunities and upsell potential
- Increase the lifetime value of the Customer through greater advocacy and reference-ability; serving as a customer advocate in the evolution of our products and platform functionality integral to the customer's success
- Engage broadly across the Customer organization from management through to C-Level/Influencer as required
- Ensure customer feedback is clearly captured and conveyed internally to enable ongoing improvement of products and services
- Actively assess the interactions with our top customers (product performance, depth, and breadth of usage, Support experience)
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees
- Minimum 8+ years of experience leading customer-facing organizations; leading a minimum 8-10 team members
- Demonstrated trajectory of success with people-management, coaching, and up-leveling and amplifying team’s competencies
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Deep business operations expertise; has solid experience with SFDC, Gainsight, and adept with creating reports and dashboards is highly preferred
- Ideally combined background of post-sales, sales, consulting services experience
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process driven mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills with validated ability to influence inside and outside of the organization at the highest levels to garner support
- Demonstrated success at skillful negotiation and strategy implementation
- Able to balance providing extraordinary service with the need to improve financial performance, and increase revenue and profits
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain different.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.