Principal Product Security Architect (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
- As our Principal Product Security Architect, you will report into the Information Security Architecture team and will be deeply embedded in our Product Management and R&D teams
- You will have responsibility for secure development methodologies and mechanisms for all of Palo Alto Networks products and services
- Inform choices through a security lens for the entire development lifecycle, including design, coding & development, QA & security testing, and release
- You will lead definition of SDL and the software security maturity model
- You will drive effective integration and adoption of best practices, latest methods & techniques in identifying design flaws and software issues
- In addition, you will be responsible for driving innovation in software securityIn addition, you will be responsible for driving innovation in software security
- Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
- Experience in driving effective implementation & adoption of Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) and software maturity model
- Demonstrated knowledge of security best practices, principles, and common security frameworks, such as NIST, ISO, Common Criteria, TCSEC, OWASP, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of common application & network protocols, cryptographic technologies, public key infrastructure, common security threats, such as attack techniques, evasive techniques, and preventative & defensive methods
- Experience in developing in server/client architecture using hybrid cloud environments
- Strong understanding of methodologies and tools for threat analysis of complex systems, such as threat modeling and software fuzzing
- Prior experience in implementing and integrating security tools into CI/CD
- Experience in developing embedded systems and appliances, web/SaaS services, and mobile applications
- In-depth knowledge of common OS-designs, including Linux, Windows, mobile platforms
- Strong knowledge of web, security, and network architecture
- Ability to execute in dynamic and highly technical organizations
- Experience as a technical lead and architect for security
- 7+ years experience working with product development/engineering and product management
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.