Product Security Architect (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks cloud products are used by global enterprise customers around the world to manage their critical infrastructure and enterprise security services. To assure our world-class security solutions are, themselves, the most secure, we are seeking a product-focused Security Engineer to join our Information Security team to help scale our product security function. This position will partner with engineers and other stakeholders across our global engineering and product management organization to ensure that security inherently addresses how to build and deploy our cloud products.
Working very closely with the engineering and product teams. You will assess our security, make recommendations, and suggest solutions. This is a fast-paced environment and part of your success will lie in your willingness to learn and drive change across the organization.
- Plan and execute security assessments, including static testing, code review, dynamic testing and threat modeling of Palo Alto Networks cloud products, services, and cloud infrastructure
- Build and implement security solutions across the software development lifecycle and CI/CD pipeline integrations
- Develop automation to deploy to public cloud infrastructure and securely consume public cloud-native services, including Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Collaborate with Product Security staff to define security requirements for all cloud products
- Partner across product management, engineering and Information Security teams to prioritize security features and resolution of security bugs and defects
- Assist in the execution of other Information Security services, such as red team exercises, penetration testings, incident response management, etc
- Research emerging threats and attack techniques, and defensive methods
- Contribute to the authorship and delivery of secure coding training for the company
- Prior experience with secure development practices and integration into tools & pipelines used by engineering
- Expert level experience with application and infrastructure security testing methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of product architecture in public cloud environments, including GCP, AWS or Azure.Passion for automation and solving challenging engineering problems
- Familiar with modern software engineering practices, process and tools
- Experience with modern software development and scripting to automate highly virtualized deployments
- Familiarity with security audits, red team exercises and penetration testing
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.