Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is now looking for a data professional for the role of Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst. You will use your business insight and technical knowledge to define, develop and deliver Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for your internal customers, and you will work with the Business to understand their changing requirements and measure impacts of those changes.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand key metrics and document business requirements for developing appropriate business analysis and reporting applications
- Develop rich, interactive, visually striking graphics and data visualizations using large amounts of data
- Develop ad-hoc reporting and provide analytics services to support business decision-making processes
- Provide insight into leading analytic practices and foster best practices that are consistent with BI design standards
- Provide support to the development of training materials and training activities related to the BI tools and applications
- Bachelor's degree (statistics, computer science, or math preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in Analytics, within the relevant domains of customer service, product, social networks, etc
- Demonstrates experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
- Validated experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools or packages (Tableau, Einstein, Looker, etc)
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL databases or with SQL coding/querying skills
- Python or other scripting language experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business discernment and an ability to communicate analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- Data manipulation and transformation skills
- Google Cloud Platform Products and Services (BigQuery, PostgreSQL, etc) a plus
- Demonstrable experience with CRM systems, eg. Salesforce
- Prefers data-directed decisions and highly results-oriented
As a part of the Global Customer Support/Services Operations team, you'll be using data to help the Business in making informed business process decisions. You’ll work cross-functionally with other teams and Executives to perform analyses and build data visualizations, so support management can quickly and accurately gain insights on issues and opportunities and be able to take actions. You’ll be involved from project inception to report design through to data delivery, ensuring that your reports are delivering high-quality and relevant data so that our business can grow intelligently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.