Cloud Sales Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Cloud Sales Manager will own the cloud security target for the region and will be responsible for driving pipeline and bookings outcomes across the sales organization. This role will work closely to execute defined playbooks for the key cloud vendors and cloud consulting partners in the region to deliver complete solutions to end-user accounts. A strong track record for selling through cloud vendors and cloud consulting partners.
The Cloud Sales Manager will report to the theatres’ sales organization and will have a strong dotted line coordination requirement for consistent communication and engagement with the VP of Public Cloud Sales. In addition, this role will require interaction, coordination and joint engagement with Palo Alto Networks Business Development, Marketing, and Product Marketing/Development, thus strong collaboration skills are a must. This position will be the knowledge expert on all aspects of the assigned Cloud Providers and will be asked to present at Public Cloud keynotes, QBRs, executive meetings, training, and other assigned events. They will serve as the ‘Go-To’ Cloud expert in ANZ and engage directly with customers to articulate our Cloud offerings, including that of our new RedLock acquisition which extends our prevention-based security capabilities in the Public Cloud.
They will demonstrate a deep understanding of the focus Public Cloud Provider’s go-to-market strategies including but not limited to co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events and funnel management as it relates to the theatres’ strategy. The successful candidate will have demonstrated both strong capabilities in not only leading end-user discussions but also understand how to leverage the cloud eco-system to help our sales teams succeed in the field.
- Be the ‘Go-To’ resource in ANZ for our Cloud offerings, including the RedLock technology
- Lead key end-user sales opportunities in the field in conjunction with the field team
- Train the field sales team on our cloud security story
- Track and report on all opportunities, pipeline and bookings and provide forecasts and funnel management reports for the region
- Work closely with the regional Consulting Engineering team on end-user Cloud opportunities
- Facilitate co-selling opportunities, account mapping and other sales engagements between Palo Alto Network’s field sales and the Public Cloud provider’s sales teams
- Support Palo Alto Network’s field sales organization on engagement management with the Cloud Providers
- Assist and participate in creating and providing content for Public Cloud training curriculum and sales enablement activities
- Coordinate activities and have involvement with the Public Cloud virtual team of Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, Channels and Sales as part of cloud strategy
- Develop the annual region specific strategic plan and performance goals for assigned Cloud Providers in conjunction with the master plan developed by the Global Engagement Directors
- Provide support and coordination for channel activity with assigned Cloud Providers and coordinate with the Palo Alto Network’s Cloud Channel and NextWave channel teams
- Understand and articulate the Public Cloud provider’s strategic initiatives and gain a deep understanding of the activities, roadmap, and vision of each Cloud Provider
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel in the Public Cloud providers to solidify Palo Alto Network’s standing and awareness within the provider and to assist in the development of key relationships with the extended Palo Alto Network’s cloud team and executives
- Direct engagement and partner relationships are a critical part of this role
- Build strong GTM relationships
- Ensure WW Global Cloud Provider Engagement Director is engaged in your theater
- Help provide insight into the support of Public Cloud events and attend/participate in the events
- Provide support in the form of expertise and training for Palo Alto Network’s field sales enablement
- 10+ Years’ experience in Sales Leadership – Account or Channel Management
- Deep ANZ experience and demonstrated ability to work successfully across countries
- Public Cloud experience a requirement
- Existing relationships within one or all Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google) is preferred
- Channel experience including selling with or managing channel partners is preferred
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network’s solutions and is desired
- Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual and highly matrixed environment
- Proven ability to manage a myriad of different disciplines and tasks in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
- 25%-40% Travel with ability to travel internationally
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in winning business
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.