GSI Solution Architect
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Global Systems Integrator Systems Engineer is responsible for leading the Global Systems Integrators. In this position you will need to make sure that the GSI’s understand Palo Alto Networks solutions and offerings which will enable them to build Security solutions for our customers.
The Sr. Systems Engineer serves as a trusted advisor to the GSI’s and links knowledge of company strategies with GSI strategies to establish and maintain a mutually beneficial, long-term strategic partnership. You are the face of the company and will ensure full customer happiness with all that we do, bring to bear all of the assets of our company from support, to professional services, to product management, to engineering, to our executives.
- Architect and propose solutions which fix the identified problems in differentiated way
- Gain validation from the prospect that the solution being proposed is compelling and worthy of investment
- You are responsible for ensuring ongoing customer happiness
- You want to pursue continuous self-improvement and responsible for maintaining deep technical expertise of technologies (Data Center, SDN, Public Cloud, Security, Networking, End point, etc.)
- You are capable of understanding and effectively differentiating against our top competitors
- You are able to lead knowledge transfer sessions to educate GSI with the latest technical, industry and product knowledge.
- Promote new and innovative ways to addressing business challenges and problems
- Ensure the features, benefits, and architectural impact of PANW technology are understood and valued
- Create and share new demonstrations, presentations, and sales approaches that highlight the unique capabilities of our technology
- Good working knowledge of AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP), other cloud providers and cloud security models, firewalls, and other security technologies – both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
- Experience in securing cloud environments and cloud systems, including topics around certification and compliance
- Good understanding and expertise of tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, Github etc)
- You possess a thorough understanding of API based security & compliance standards
- Demonstrates expert-level industry knowledge and excellent business insight with the ability to recommend creative and insightful solutions
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing or fixing network security products.
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as a system engineer, solutions architect, or systems integrator
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud installation, configuration and administration of security features and services (including identity and access management, service-related security features, networking, firewalls, encryption, and related standard methodologies)
- Experience with cloud networking models and connectivity, network security, virtualization and cloud computing
- You are experienced in working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and fixing network infrastructure security products
- Travel up to 70% within the designated region / country / theater. International travel also required on an occasional basis
- You are self-motivated and ambitious
- You have strong communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach is a plus
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space is a plus
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment is a bonus
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, and etc.: their creation and activation
We have brought a technology to market that is reshaping the network security landscape. Our ability to protect enterprises is only limited by our ability to build positive relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how we can help. This is where our systems engineer team come in. Our systems engineering team members work hand-in-hand with the sales team to help provide technical support and educate customers on our products and solutions during the purchase making process.
You will identify complex security challenges in your potential customers’ networks and drive solutions using our market leading security products and services. We need individuals who are capable of forming relationships with clients built on trust, education, and partnership.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.