Regional Vice President - Western Europe
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Vice President WEUR will be a sales orientated General Manager who will ideally have a background in the broad networking and/or security arena. This person has experience of managing a large and complex globally matrixed business with a strong focus on customers, client service, growth, and innovation. You have enough market insight and revenue track record with the desired customer base to hit the ground running. You also have taken a business through consistent 30%+ growth.
You will be a key individual within the global team and will be responsible for defining and implementing the Company’s overall business strategy in region, with the dual goals of growing top-line revenues through generation of scalable, repeatable, structured client and partner relationships and who wants to embrace the operational challenges of leading a significant operational capability.
For this critical position, Palo Alto Networks is seeking a thoughtful, focused and passionate leader who will bring significant experience and credibility to the management team. You will be regarded by both employees and the marketplace as an immediate “win” for the company.
- Transform our organization from product to solution and service selling in assigned geography
- Customer Retention and Loyalty
- Oversee client portfolio
- Take ownership of the Western Europe organization, which will require you to leverage and continue Palo Alto Network’s significant customer momentum through indirect, high touch, relationship-oriented technology sales
- Participate in the development and execution of client strategies
- Engage with clients and build relationships
- Establish and develop broad, high-value key client executive relationships
- Build and retain an elite sales organization and contribute to the overall leadership of the company
- Lead the Western Europe management team to develop, implement and execute a sound strategic plan designed to achieve the growth and profitability goals established by the CEO and the Board of Directors
- Lead by winning the hearts and minds of highest executives (CEO and Minister level in the UK) through, personal engagement, ownership and accountability
- Rapidly gain acceptance within Palo Alto Networks major customers and partners as a strong, professional executive who can provide clear leadership for the business in WEUR
- Inspire company performance, instil the mission and goals, and set the stage for the acquisition, retention, and management of superior talent throughout the organization
- Represent Palo Alto Networks externally in WEUR, taking opportunities to inform and educate both the market and industry through platform speaking, seminars press briefings etc. and spearhead local marketing programs consistent with overall corporate objectives
- Be the company’s “link” to major customers, alliance partners and other stakeholders in the region
- Drive continuous change and flexibility in the organization while at the same time instituting discipline and rigor in daily business operations
- Develop and deliver annual financial and operational plan
- Be bottom-line oriented, budget-conscious and metric/measurement driven
- Take direct and hands-on responsibility for the delivery of revenue and profit targets for the WEUR region as agreed, whilst ensuring a stable infrastructure to service the business as it grows
- Develop the regional mission and vision that align with the company’s plan
- Ensure corporate infrastructure is in place to support growth and local/global initiatives
- Act as a regional champion and change agent for corporate sponsored programs to be rolled out across Western Europe
- Develop and execute local strategic initiatives to achieve regional objectives aligned with global initiatives
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing and sales programs to facilitate accelerated growth and profitability
- In accordance with corporate guidelines, establish appropriate local policies and practices
- Maintain appropriate reporting systems to participate in meetings and business reviews
- Represent region internally
- Help define and implement management practices that are dynamic and attractive to elite employees. Ensure on-boarding, training, and professional development plans are in place to drive high employee achievement and loyalty
- Support development of communications strategies throughout the region
- Mentor high-potential managers to assume greater future responsibilities
- Drive employee satisfaction by leveraging key talent development tools, employee surveys, and compensation and rewards systems. Develop a plan to manage turnover at all levels
- Understands the monthly sales cycle of a hardware and software business
- Experience leading a quarterly focused technology company through a period of successful and rapid growth
- Organic growth experience by building out an organization through defining and executing high impact strategies (grow and divide, verticalization but as well transformation activities) so as to maximize sustained business impact to assigned geography and Fortune 500 customers
- Track record of building and managing mega deals +10M$
- Well-known and well-regarded executive with an established network of proven strategic executive relationships within the technology industry and be considered a strong forward-thinking, leader and manager
- Demonstrable track record of successfully leading an international region; including various country managers for quarterly driven technology orientated company
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, and pragmatic, with the urge to outperform
- Personal track record in sales, sales management, and operational P&L management, with a consistent history of high performance
- Consistent track record of hiring, retaining and motivating highly talented people
You have the following personal attributes:
- A seasoned executive with maturity and well-developed people management skills, combined with significant passion, drive, energy levels, and ambition
- Highly commercial in orientation, with a strong focus on the customer and a clear commitment to generating top-line growth
- Self-starter, with a very high work rate and able to “get things done” without constant recourse to the Theatre VP
- Analytical - a clear thinker who can recognize critical issues and focus attention accordingly
- Be naturally strategic as well as "hands-on"
- A dynamic thinker who is extremely focused and capable of creating an evolving strategy to meet and anticipate both near and long-term development issues
- Metrics and results driven
- Demonstrable track record of being able to cope well under pressure; and be able to provide sound judgment and leadership in tough conditions
- Decisive leader with a passion for the business and a real sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills. Equally comfortable talking with investors, employees, executive management team, customers and the board with an ability to translate complex issues into easily understood terms
- Leading by example, when necessary, does not hesitate to get into the details of the business
- Strong creative and conceptual skills; an extraordinary ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- International in outlook with an understanding of cultural differences and sensitivity to the nuances of different International marketplaces
- Positive and out-going, with the personal presence and ability to relate well to customers, partners and colleagues at all levels of the organization both internationally and in the US
- Highly ambitious (but pragmatically and realistically so) both on a personal and business level
- Possess the skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex business
- Impeccable character and high ethical standards
- Absolute integrity, honesty, intensity, and passion
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com