Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Given Palo Alto Networks’ focus in enterprise network security, the CISO is one of the most critical roles in the company. Reporting to our Founder & CTO, Nir Zuk and partnering with a diverse group of internal stakeholders, this executive will establish and maintain a corporate wide, global information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected. Along with internal objectives, you are comfortable meeting with customers to demonstrate how Palo Alto Networks utilizes its platform and partner tools for advanced security.
Your primary objectives will be to drive quality in global security operations, further develop a service orientation, expand the reach of security operations globally, and ensure efficient, agile operational processes that adapt to the dynamics of the business. You will define IT security architecture that will drive the global technology needs of the company. As an active member of the company leadership team, you will work closely with security experts across the enterprise, while enhancing your reputation as a thought leader in enterprise information security and leverage this skillset to influence the security experts within the company. In this role, you will have overarching responsibility for all of Palo Alto Networks’ global security operations and infrastructure, which includes providing highly scalable, reliable and effective security operations, network and data center management function.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Information Security, Corporate Compliance, Audit, Legal, and HR management teams, as required, to define Information Security and Privacy Policies and Procedures against applicable legal regulations/standards
- Perform gap analysis and recommendations to improve the security and privacy infrastructure to remove/mitigate risk.
- Define and manage a critical security incident response process, and manage all security incidents and events to protect corporate IT assets ( IP, regulated data, and etc.)
- Develop enterprise wide security programs for the identification, reporting, and remediation of information security concerns throughout the organization.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate technology risk and measure the risk quantitatively and qualitatively; price out solutions in order to advise the business on the best risk solution portfolio.
- Function as lead in the investigation of any actual or potential information security violations and manage escalation of security events; assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such violations as necessary.
- Identify knowledge gaps, and ensure all employees, contractors and approved system users are trained on information security and risk management awareness through training programs or external training vendors.
- Devise and implement a risk-based process for vendor risk management, including the assessment and treatment for risks that may result from partners, consultants and other service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or a related field a Master's degree is preferred
- Employment history demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- At least 4+ years in a senior leadership role
- Experience as a CIO, CTO, CISO, CSO or equivalent government position
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security, and IT jobs
- Possesses the ability to bridge the gap between deep technical content and information that a C-Level executive can digest and use to make quality decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Demonstrates credibility in front of large and small audiences as well as one-on-one meetings
- Critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills
- Proven industry expertise through contributions to security industry groups, speaking at industry events, and / or writing blogs and whitepapers on advanced cybersecurity techniques and tools
- Well known in the region as a cybersecurity expert
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.