Intern - Software Quality Assurance Engineer (PanOS)
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cyber security by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. If you are motivated, intelligent, creative, hardworking and want to make an impact, then this job is for you!
Our Summer Internship Program provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders.
Our PanOS QA team is responsible for all aspects of functional testing PanOS products. The areas of responsibility for the group include testing and automation of L2-7 protocols, app-id, user-id, large scale configuration and data management etc.
The team that you will be working on is responsible for testing and automation aspects of L4-7 protocols, management and reporting features.
Past projects have ranged from developing tools for soak data analysis, simulators for Palo Alto windows agents, automation on features using python framework etc.
- You will work on automation of critical application, threat detection, large scale configuration and data management features etc.
- You will also have opportunity on improving monitoring and manageability of longevity test environments
- You will have the chance to work on feature enhancements for the internal data analysis tools
- Be proficient in one or more scripting/programming languages including Python or Perl
- Be comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience with setting up a virtualized environment is a plus
- Course work in computer networking is a plus
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year master’s degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have authorization to work within the United States.