Senior Corporate Counsel - Technology, Transactions, & Privacy
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is currently seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic individual to join its global legal department at its HQ location in Santa Clara, California. We seek to fill a Senior Corporate Counsel role reporting to a Senior Director in our Technology, Transactions & Privacy practice group. You will be part of a fast-moving, collaborative legal team that impacts product development and go-to-market aspects of the business on a daily basis. The role is focused on providing best-in-class support to our business partners in our Worldwide Operations department, with secondary support to Engineering and Product Management, all the while working closely with Sales Operations, Finance, and other teams. Strong candidates are solutions-driven and independent, with direct experience in building programs, processes, drafting and negotiating supply chain, software, cloud, hardware, and other inbound agreements. Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills and the ability to synthesize complex issues and influence and lead across functions are required.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of complex commercial, technology (including cloud and hybrid/SaaS models), intellectual property, supply chain and vendor agreements that comply with the company’s policies and risk tolerance
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from sales, business development, operations, senior management, marketing, corporate finance and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks
- Manage outside counsel on related matters when required
- Build and support continuous improvement of procedures, standard form agreements, policies and legal processes related to inbound commercial transactions
- Handle special projects as requested
- Must be a lawyer qualified to practice in at least one U.S. state, preferably California, and have a law degree from an accredited law school
- Must have 8~10 years of strong commercial transaction experience with demonstrated success, significant experience with SaaS a plus
- Must have a service-oriented mindset as part of a G&A function within the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Superior language, written and verbal communication skills required
- Sense of humor always a plus and a can-do attitude are expected
- Experience in network security or other high technology companies preferred
- Periodic travel may be required
The legal team at Palo Alto Networks is a dynamic team that impacts all go-to-market aspects of the business every day. The team is immersed in developing new programs and evolving existing ones to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. You will work closely with teams from other departments to immerse yourself in the ins and outs of our business to support it from a legal perspective. Our legal team is an essential resource on a global basis, impacting and driving our products and services.
You’re passionate about legalities in a way that drives solutions. You think creatively on the legal team, but with a higher purpose, driven by our mission to protect our digital lives.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.