Vice President Sales Engineering
As the Vice President of Systems Engineering for Prisma Cloud you will be responsible for leading the WW Systems Engineering (SE) organization. The SE organization comprises go-to technical experts who are instrumental in helping our customers architect, scope and realize their cloud security transformation. This is a critical leadership role reporting to the SVP of GTM for the Prisma Cloud Business. It requires a builder who has a passion for growing teams and businesses at scale. Strong background public cloud architectures and Devops will be critical for success.
- Groom SE craft by building repeatable playbooks & defining execution best practices
- Grow the WW SE organization. Recruit, mentor and inspire SEs to do the best work of their careers. Build the appropriate organizational structures to balance the need for specialization with revenue coverage.
- Influence the cloud security mindset of CIOs, CTOs, CISOs, DevOps leaders, shape their long term architectural direction and scope roadmap for them to get to their target end-states.
- Champion the voice of our users and customers and influence product direction and feature priorities.
- Scale the business to 500M+, sooner than others expect. Build appropriate processes, measurement and infrastructure needed.
- Reinforce the technical excellence, hands-on scrappy, and customer first culture. Preserve the “start-up” energy as we scale.
- Build technical thought leadership on architecture, processes and operationalization aspects of DevOps and Cloud Security.
- Steer the GTM strategy working closely with the global sales leadership.
- Partner with Sales to deliver the number. Partner with Sales and Customer Success to manage the customer journey from technical discovery to technical win to successful adoption, value realization and expansion.
- Deep experience building and scaling pre sales organizations, preferably within a Cloud business, across large and small customers in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing distributed WW organizations is essential - North America, EMEA and JAPAC based teams
- History of overachieving targets in a SaaS business
- Strong technical acumen / domain expertise in the areas of cloud architectures, CI/CD, DevOps, C-level presence and ability to carry prospect and customer conversations with gravitas
- Customer-facing experience in global field roles
- 10 or more years of distributed systems, cloud, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and/or virtualization experience
- Advanced university degree preferred
As a leader of the Prisma Cloud Systems Engineering team you will be leading an SE team organization in what is a startup business inside the largest cybersecurity company in the world. The business has a culture of solution focused selling to help clients resolve complex cyber threats. On joining this fast growing organization, you will not find anyone at Palo Alto Networks who is not committed to your success - it is a very close collaborative team when it comes to learning and solving customer challenges.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.