Facility Security Officer / Alternate Contractor Special Security Officer (FSO/ACSSO)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact - one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly. It happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed…intentionally…to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
We offer the chance to be part of a meaningful mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are motivated, intelligent, creative, and carry a strong passion for security, then this job is for you! We are seeking a Facility Security Officer/ Alternate Contractor Special Security Officer to join the Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) function of our Information Security team. You will join a team of experienced, out-of-the-box thinkers that deliver real security results. Your primary focus will be supporting our Headquarters personnel and ensuring our continued NISPOM compliance with US Government contracts, including management of programs and data that support cleared personnel and US Government classified information. This position is located in the Santa Clara, CA - HQ office.
- Provide advice and oversight to Palo Alto Networks in their NISPOM implementation and compliance
- FSO/ACSSO duties and responsibilities apply to this position, including, but not limited to, all aspects of classified contract management, processing clearances/accesses, audit/self inspection, visit requests
- Attend / Conduct briefings and debriefings at both the DoD and Intelligence Community level
- Establish successful relationships with partners, integrators and Government Customer security personnel
- Develop and manage security awareness products (foreign travel and OPSEC briefings, program brief/debrief, etc.)
- Build and cultivate positive working relationships with internal customers such as Federal Sales, Information Security, Human Resources, Legal, Safety and Security
- Lead Federal security violation and incident investigation activities
- Acts as primary liaison with outside agencies. Interface with government auditors on a regular basis and respond quickly and effectively to implement corrective action, as required.
- Contribute to other Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) programs, as needed, such as compliance operations, RFP/RFI response, and other regulatory compliance audits (FedRAMP, SOC2).
- Minimum clearance requirement: Active Top Secret Clearance, as a condition of employment, must be able to achieve TS/SCI access with successful polygraph
- 8+ years of industry experience successfully developing, implementing, managing security requirements in support of the NISPOM and ICDs
- Strong knowledge of NISPOM, ICDs, DoD Manuals, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-053 and other Government directives/policies with proven history of an effective security program
- Experience with the Department of Defense databases and tools: JPAS, DISS, NISS, etc.
- Must possess excellent speaking, writing, organizational and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to build and foster positive, long-term relationships with internal stakeholders outside of core team
- Proven ability to establish successful relationships with partner, integrator and Government Customer security personnel
- Demonstrated knowledge of a broad range of technical concepts such as physical access control, logical access control, data handling, information security, contract management and privacy
- Industry-recognized certification(s) such as Industrial Security Professional (ISP) and/or Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC) desired.
- FSO Certification required
- Experience with SIMS is preferred
- Some travel within the continental United States may be required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our culture and dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our careers page.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about the amazing work experience at Palo Alto Networks here!