Systems Engineer Specialist GPCS APAC
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Systems Engineer Specialist, you will join our Theater team to drive the adoption and integration of our Global Protect Cloud Service (GPCS) solutions within our customers’ environments. You will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses. It is business critical to meet and exceed sales quotas by building and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform.
Your role is one of technical guidance – working with your account manager to build integrated solutions for our client’s environments. With your colleagues, you will displace competing technologies, and build market share within your targeted list of major accounts, and most importantly, help your client sleep at night as our product integrates to build secure digital transactions.
- Play a key role in creating solutions that will help drive the value of our next generation security platform and simplify the effort to deploy these solutions
- Create solutions that will help drive the value of our next generation security platform and simplify the effort to deploy these solutions
- Produce enablement tools for use to educate the Systems Engineering community, as well as resolve our customer issues
- Run and drive sales engagements into a set of large new enterprise accounts
- Work with our customer facing sales teams and internal stake holders to ensure that the solution work is aligned with our market goals and product capabilities and roadmaps
- Help customers adopt Palo Alto Networks offerings i.e. GPCS & Aperture
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to GPCS & Aperture
- Provide technical demos to prospective customers
- Run Proof-of-Value (POVs) to ensure the customers’ requirements are exceeded
- Work with Product Management, Consulting Engineering, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the country or region or theater
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- BSCS or equivalent and 7+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or solving network infrastructure security products
- Experience selling network infrastructure-based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to our appliances
- Tunneling protocols such as: SSL/TLS, IPSec, GRE
- Authentication methodologies, including 2FA, RADIUS, LDAP, AD
- IP Routing: BGP, Static, Network Address Translation
- SD-WAN Architectures and providers
- Good understanding on CASB solutions / technology
- Next Generation Firewall capabilities, configuration and deployment
- Understanding of cloud i.e. IAAS / PAAS / SAAS
- PANOS knowledge will be advantages
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Extensive domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required as necessary
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.