Director, Insight and Value Services
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Director, Insight and Value Services supports Palo Alto Networks' Value Engineering and Strategy organization. This individual will be a director-level SME and team manager of the Insight by Palo Alto Networks program, driving delivery of value to Palo Alto Networks customers focused on cybersecurity and technology issues.
● Personally participate and lead cross-discipline, multi-LOB engagement teams with senior experts from sales, pre-sales, consulting, and solution architecture to help shape and drive large technology opportunities
● Interact, prioritize and manage relationships with field sales organizations and pre-sales to align and drive engagement support with regional sales goals
● Participate in customer engagements with the top customers and deliver high impact as an engagement sponsor
● Provide coaching to team members by leveraging knowledge and experience of IT and business specific issues and solutions, management consulting skills and analytical abilities in identifying key CIO strategic drivers, assessing process capabilities and developing business case for IT enhancement
● Leverage knowledge and experience of IT best practices, customer operational objectives and strategic IT objectives to define clear strategy, solution architecture and roadmap with actionable value communication and enable a successful customer experience and reviewing engagement plans, project deliverables
● Contributes to team thought leadership by constantly synthesizing the customer experiences into content and methodologies that can be leveraged
● Drive the development of industry specific technology value selling tools, programs and initiatives to be leveraged by the sales, marketing and consulting organizations
● Support value-selling training activities and the value-selling community to expand skills to non-Insight team resources
● Knowledge of business related IT issues and solutions including cyber security, networking, business applications, systems and business process integration
● Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and participate on projects with varied industry focus and business imperatives
● Sufficient knowledge of data center operational technology process standards, and cybersecurity standards.
● Proven aptitude to work in, and lead, a virtual team environment and ability to build consensus
● Exceptional business problem solving combined with strong interpersonal skills
● Financial modeling, benchmarking and quantitative skills and experience developing and defending large-scale capital appropriation requests
● Outstanding oral and written presentation communication skills
● 7-10+ years of experience in information technology with emphasis on business applications, middleware / database technology, data center management and security in industry for leading companies in the Financial Services, Public Sector, Retail, Healthcare, Communication or Manufacturing
● Experience with a premier consulting firm focused on strategic IT consulting or implementation roles preferred
● MBA from a top-rated business school and an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field preferred
● Extensive successful field experience working in sales, pre-sales, or consulting and will have a proven track record of managing virtual and direct multinational teams
● Proven ability to influence senior managers at their level and above
● Proven background in value based technology selling or consulting
We work hand in hand with organizations around the world as they move to a more secure environment. As part of the Business Development team, you find and create opportunity, forming relationships with organizations seeking a trusted partner.
You are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including constantly updated research and sales libraries and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success — everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.