Senior Product Manager (VM Series - Public Cloud)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a product manager for cloud services, you will play an instrumental role in building our creative cloud platform for security service delivery. The cloud platform is an emerging space where we are addressing new threats and need committed, driven individuals to shape how we protect information in it. You will be responsible for innovating and building cloud infrastructure that is critical to the success of our cloud-based offerings. You’ll play a key role in disrupting the security industry and fundamentally changing how enterprises consume security technology, resulting in a more secure digital environment.
In addition to your own creativity, you will rely on interaction with customers and partners to understand the requirements and needs that they face in their environments on a day-to-day basis. You’ll deliver product functionality for service providers that matches the level of innovation found throughout our organization. You think about products differently, facing difficult challenges, and innovating solutions never created before. You will be involved with the service provider-focused products throughout all stages of life cycle: conception, definition, development, release, and post-release activities.
- Ownership of public cloud roadmap for the VM-Series next-generation virtual firewall and automation solutions to secure public cloud deployments at scale. This includes managing the associated feature set including feature prioritization and tradeoff decision-making
- As the subject matter expert, help customers, channel partners, and system engineers with product related questions and hands-on technical training
- Understanding key customer problems, requirements development and ensuring feature/product is built right to solve the key problems
- Establish technical leadership and work very closely with the public cloud partners to build innovative solutions to secure workloads in public cloud environments
- Collaborating with Product Marketing to create product related sales and marketing materials; evangelizing the products and product strategy both internally and externally
- Work with your Technical Marketing Engineer to help customers, channel partners, and system engineers with product related questions and hands on technical training
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from business development, engineering to sales
- Customer engagement and relationship development for product evangelism, and requirements gathering
- BS/MS or equivalent experience is required
- 3-5 years in product management or equivalent and proven experience of taking ownership and delivering on the full product life cycle
- Hands-on experience with one or more public clouds such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with some of the public cloud features such as VPC networking, routing, auto-scaling, serverless computing, containers etc.
- Experience with scripting languages (Node.js or Python), templates (CFT, ARM, YAML, or Terraform), and API-based automation/orchestration is highly desired
- Experience with private cloud environments and hypervisors including VMware vSphere/NSX, and KVM is a plus
- Experience delivering technical product training, producing technical collaterals, and presenting to customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.