Major Sales Representative
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the network security landscape. Our ability to protect enterprises is only limited by our ability to build great relationships with them and help them understand what we can do. That’s where you come in. We are growing our Inside Sales team and are looking for proven top performers to join us.
As a Major Sales Representative, we are seeking a sales professional to manage and drive sales in a set of major accounts that you will work in conjunction with the Major Account Manager. You will play a key role in expanding the customer base as well as creating new campaigns in order to drive revenue within the accounts. You will be expected to achieve sales quota on a monthly and quarterly basis by building strategic campaigns & utilizing the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Platform. This is a hybrid (inside and outside) sales position that reports to the District Sales Manager of Corporate Sales and will be based in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline
- Present regular/accurate forecasting for review
- Hunt for and sell to new clients by identifying cross-selling & up-selling opportunities
- Independently run sales campaigns, product demos, and POCs
- Analyze need, present value, negotiate and close deals with IT influencers and senior decision makers within a territory
- Build, maintain, and execute on Account plans and strategies.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with channel partners
- Team and collaborate effectively with Majors Account Manager
- Build relationships with channel & integration partners
- Keep up to date knowledge of the industry as well as the competitive position of the company
- Travel to customers and partners required up to 25 percent of working time
- 4+ years sales experience in the IT industry is preferred
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and targets
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly interactive environment
- Conducts effective presentations to C level executives
- Achievement oriented and passionate about their work
- Interacts effectively with others
- Demonstrates a professional phone manner and conduct
- Maintains focus on daily schedule and objectives and effectively set priorities
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including a dedicated systems engineer, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.