Cloud Security Engineer - Twistlock
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you are a critical component for our customers’ secure environments. You act as their day-to-day contact, building relationships with them to ensure proper security integrations. This includes guidance for adoption, accelerated integrations with new cloud security products, and real-time support and strategy. You are someone who is highly technical, understands cloud technologies, and understands the complex world of cloud ecosystems and integrations.
You love solving critical problems in challenging environments. In this role, you will work closely with CISOs, Security Architects, Customer Success Managers, and Development Operations teams within mid-to-large enterprises to implement best-in-class cloud security solutions. You will be the frontline defense against the world’s most pressing cybersecurity challenges. The end result for the client? Better digital protection. The end result for you? An important career that impacts our daily lives in the digital age.
- Provide customers with an excellent adoption experience by building software into our subscription product to assist with deployment and integration of Twistlock into diverse enterprise architectures and cloud providers
- Help customers debug and rapidly resolve any problems they encounter with our technology and provide input on product design changes to avoid them in the future
- Create digital content like technical whitepapers, blogs, videos, and screencasts to help customers understand and get the most out of our technology
- Collect and share market insights, both at the macro-level on general trends, and the micro-level, from specific customers, to shape the development of new product capabilities
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners, specifically pertaining to cloud technologies
- Coach customers on how to establish their cloud security change, management, governance, and center of excellence program
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting, and guidelines to customers
- Handle support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are done in a timely manner
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and necessary documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Prepare documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, and fixing guides
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution
- Provide after-hours and weekend on-call support as needed to support maintenance activities
- Validate new features and create test software to automate product validation
- Travel to customer sites and conferences is strongly encouraged, typically 15-30%.
- Participate in on-call rotations for emergencies
- 2-5 years of experience in highly technical roles
- Bachelor's degree in majors including Information Systems, Computer Science, and Electrical / Computer Engineering.
- Direct experience in Security & Cloud Services
- Experience with Linux & Containers
- Foundational knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- DevOps experience using technologies including (but not limited to): Docker, YAML, JSON, and Bash scripting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Pride in delivering a great experience by being responsive, detail-oriented, and disciplined when managing a large number of complex issues and features simultaneously
- Able to independently create and edit technical digital media content from need identification to publication
Our Customer Success team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.