Senior Internal Auditor
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Sr. Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit team. This position plays a critical role in partnering with the business units and providing value-added recommendations to enhance the company’s overall internal control of its operations.
● Serve as a subject matter specialist and central point of contact for in-scope SOX processes and systems
● Assist in SOX planning, scoping, and risk assessment process through close collaboration with external auditors and business process owners
● Coordinate delivery and organize audit requirements for SOX assessments, walkthroughs and testing procedures
● Conduct business process walkthroughs and controls testing according to established audit standards
● Develop high-quality business process and audit testing documentation
● Evaluate audit findings and coordinate remediation of deficiencies
● Assist in the evaluation of new processes, policies, and systems to determine its impact on the SOX program and design the control landscape based on identified risks
● Develop business relationships and proactively interact with process owners and management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for improvements and optimization
● Demonstrate initiative and provide timely updates to internal audit management. Manage multiple tasks effectively
● Perform other tasks and projects as assigned in support of the internal audit team and corporate objectives
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
● Minimum 2 years of audit experience preferred
● Actively pursuing professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA or equivalent)
● Strong understanding of US GAAP, SOX requirements, internal audit standards
● General understanding of IT General Controls, application controls and systems
● Self-starter, self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic. Ability to thrive as an individual contributor in a high functioning team
● Detail and team oriented with a strong learning capacity and ability to multi-task, adapt to change and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
● Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical and presentation skills that encourage and facilitate effective interaction
● Familiar with SAP ERP system preferred
Our Internal Audit department manages SOX compliance, operational audit, channel and investigation audit programs of the company. As our business continues to innovate and grow, the Internal Audit department continues to evolve with the business. Our Internal Audit department not only deals with audits, but also we provide advisory to business to help them manage risks (e.g., a new process or system implementation, automation, mergers, and acquisitions, etc.). The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in auditing and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach problems differently. Within Internal Audit, we seek people who are willing to try new things and evolve as the business grows. If you’re seeking an audit and business advisory challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.