Associate Professional Services Engineer - Endpoint
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of our Professional Services Support Staff, you will provide technical support to on-site/field Professional Services Consultants and Resident Engineers, following documented methodologies in the areas of basic device configuration and upgrades, greenfield Cortex configuration buildout, and technical and nontechnical documentation (diagrams, customer run book, internal documentation). In this role, you will also assist the Global Practice Leads in the development and review of content as directed. For this entry-level position, Palo Alto Networks will train the right candidate for success.
- Ensure customers are maximizing their returns on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks cybersecurity solutions to achieve their business and security objectives
- Integrate Palo Alto Networks’ Cortex solutions for endpoint protection and response, allowing customers to realize the best outcomes from our technology
- Implement solutions on customer endpoint and cloud environments
- Build quickly mitigated and automated responses using Palo Alto Networks’ Cortex XDR, allowing customers to realize the best outcomes out of Cortex XDR as it adopts Palo Alto Networks’ Security Operations Center (SOC) principles
- Assist customers in implementing custom integrations and workflows to ensure Palo Alto Networks’ solutions are fully integrated into their SOCs
- Build security policies based on behavior analytics configured for our clients’ needs.
- Be a security expert for further enhancement of the security posture provided to the customer, and deliver support when appropriate
- Analyze logs and events from solutions to perform identification, investigation, and mitigation of security incidents
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables and scope
- Understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
- Ability to provide solutions in customer environments and execute/document those solutions independently or as a team leader
- 1-3 years experience with Windows OS-based applications (installation, troubleshooting, debugging)
- Exposure to network and endpoint security technologies such as IPSEC, SSL-VPN, NAT, IPS, NAC, and Antivirus
- Scripting experience with a focus on Python and PowerShell preferred
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of time
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign — it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised; you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.