Sr. Revenue Close Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Senior Revenue Close Analyst, you'll help to drive revenue accounting quality, revenue accounting process efficiencies and robust internal controls through the Company’s continued high pace of growth. You will perform monthly revenue close tasks while supporting projects and implementing process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform monthly revenue close activities, including preparation of revenue and deferred revenue related journal entries and applicable reconciliations
- Evaluate revenue analytics and trends to provide visibility into relationships and drive revenue optimization initiatives
- Partner with cross-functional business partners to implement best practices, automation, and continuous process improvements
- Support system implementations related to revenue processes
- Prepare fair value studies and analyses
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404 key controls
- Assist with external audits and special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 4+ years of progressive relevant experience required or two years public accounting experience.
- Experience with high technology clients and/or revenue recognition is a plus.
- He/she should be familiar with close processes, account reconciliations and journal entry preparation.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross functional organizations
- Willingness to take on new challenges
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite, proficiency in Google Suite a plus
- Experience with SAP ERP revenue accounting a plus
You have a passion for numbers, systems, and processes, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking challenges. We deal with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, streamlining processes, and building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional analytics skill, critical thinking skill, and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.