Security Education & Awareness Lead (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Strategic Planning & Business Operations (InfoSec), The Security Education & Awareness Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering strategies, methodologies, communications campaigns and training plans to raise the awareness of information security matters to infuse a cyber security mindset into all our employees and contractors, enabling them to take appropriate action as security risks arise.
- Develop a comprehensive security education and awareness program, using instructor-led, train-the trainer, electronic/web-based, and/or multimedia training methods and formats for our employees, contractors, executives and technical operating personnel
- Develop regular targeted communications to business stakeholders on various security related topics
- Provide strategic consulting in all aspects related to cyber security training for organization-wide initiatives and projects. Participate in the design, development and implementation of training programs of a broad organizational scope
- Conduct needs assessments to identify and evaluate training requirements
- Conduct or facilitate general or specific technology training programs
- Develop training materials to include training handbooks, job aids, models, multimedia visual aids, computer and web-based tutorials, and standard operating procedures
- Participate in effective training delivery including analysis, implementation, testing and documentation of educational systems
- Research and study advancements in educational technologies and methods
- Recommend and/or implement innovative solutions, modifications and enhancements to security training and awareness programs
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and awareness programs, utilizing appropriate data collection instruments and procedures and adjust as necessary to maximize impact
- Consult and partner with corporate technical training, communications teams, business, and security
- Coordinate with security teams across the organization to ensure that security education and awareness needs are satisfied for all security stakeholders
- Coordinate or perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience developing and implementing Technical Education and Awareness programs and strategies
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: IT, Application Development, Network Engineering, or Cyber Security
- A degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- Strong Security Risk Management expertise
- Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to complex security and risk related issues
- Strong program management experience and the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to navigate diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical subject matter experts and translate that information seamlessly to non-technical employees and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability effectively collaborate with technical and senior business staff and management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.