Channel Systems Engineer - Cortex
As a part of Palo Alto Networks Channel Systems Engineer team, you are a critical part of the sales, engineering and channel team. It is your responsibility to build channel strategies and solutions with assigned partners with a focus on their engineering teams and their needs. You will align and build relationships between the partner and Palo Alto Networks to create joint value.
You represent the company as the technical business leader tasked with building excitement and support for Palo Alto Networks with the partners sales and technical teams. You will travel and take ownership of the technical strategic relationship with our channel partners to align our Cortex portfolio offerings with them. You will develop plans of action to ensure partners are enabled on Palo Alto Networks products and will measure partner impact to grow our mutual success.
As a Channel Systems Engineering, Cortex you will be the expert for our Endpoint and broader Cortex XDR portfolio within our offerings with a focus on channel. Your portfolio includes Advanced Endpoint Protection (Traps), Cortex XDR - Investigations and Response, Cortex XDR - Analytics, Autofocus, Cortex Data Lake and Demisto (Security Orchestration, Automation & Response).
- Ability to align partner needs and strategy with the value of Palo Alto Networks
- Lead partner technical planning activities and the execution of technical business plans
- Collaborate, contribute and support the Palo Alto Networks Channel Business Management team and their partner business plans
- Position Palo Alto Networks with other technologies sold by partners
- Provide technical enablement and training to strategic regional partners
- Facilitate planning and preparation of partner Sales Engineers (SEs) in achieving Palo Alto Networks certifications
- Act as a contact and, when applicable, escalation point for partner technical issues within Palo Alto Networks
- Understands most Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and some competitive technologies; Continuous technical development
- Understands the challenges of channel partners and can leverage experience to help drive partner sales growth.
- Has the drive to show others by example. Demonstrates the ability to translate vision into action
- Has good writing and speaking skills, can create and deliver content for technical and non-technical audiences
- Takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a whatever-it-takes mentality to get things done.
- Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners. Engages and collaborates with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team
- Basic understanding of the partner business model and common financial pain points, such as profit margin, cash-flow, utilization, and days sales outstanding
- Experience working closely with channel partners: resellers and distributors
- Ability to quickly obtain strong overall Palo Alto Networks product knowledge and redistribute that knowledge
- Has public speaking experience
- Can develop technical business plans and execute those plans
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
- Experience with, or knowledge of modern data center and public cloud infrastructure and technology
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking is preferred (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems preferred (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Working knowledge of endpoint prevention, SIEM, vulnerability management tools, SOC, firewalls, and other security technologies both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
- Modern network threats and malware
- Network forensics and incident response
- Automation and orchestration tools and technologies
- Endpoint security products and technologies
- Relevant industry certifications eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal being to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sale of our products.
We are trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity s status quo. It's simple: We can't accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics