Intern - Accounting
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Within the Accounting Organization we have several teams, including but not limited to Revenue, International Accounting, Accounting Operations, External Reporting, Technical Accounting, Payroll and Tax. This internship opportunity is a part-time role with a one-year commitment. During your internship, you will be exposed to various teams within our organization, including Accounting Operations and External Reporting. Among our Accounting Operations teams, you will work with our Accounts Payable and Expense Reimbursement teams, who are responsible for enforcing the Company’s Business Travel & Expense Policy, processing and auditing employee expense reimbursements, administering the Company’s global corporate card programs, providing efficient and qualitative customer service to our employees, and providing T&E analysis and reporting to our executives. You will also have the opportunity to work with our External Reporting team on projects and tasks associated to financial statement analysis and reporting.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Understanding of Palo Alto Network’s Accounting related policies and their associated processes
- Exposure to financial statement reporting analysis and preparation
- Exposure to various accounting applications such as SAP, Concur, OVERSIGHT and Tableau
- Increase your aptitude with various MS tools such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Exposure to various employee functions and roles in the Company
- Opportunity to present to senior management on intern project results
- Be an effective communicator (oral and written)
- Strong willingness for learning new things, inquisitive personality and enjoys meeting and working with various people in a team environment
- Basic understanding of financial accounting
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a real passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions.. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a worldwide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.