Intern - Code Quality Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the Engineering Enablement group, you will be responsible for designing and developing our next-generation firewall platforms. We are seeking a Software Engineer who is passionate about code quality, has a desire to release a perfect product at the time of development to QA handoff, and understands the mechanisms and tools available to achieve those goals.This means writing or integrating tools that block errors before they merge, auditing and fixing existing code, and writing automated code coverage driven tests.
- Enhance and maintain the Unit Test Framework
- Enhance and maintain build scripts
- Assist developers with challenging bugs
- Assist developers using test frameworks
- Turn on new compiler warnings and fix findings
- Turn on new static and dynamic analysis and fix findings
- Develop compiler plugins to detect common errors
- Build systems and tools such as gmake, autoconf, rpm, and cross-compile environments
- Coding for multiple build target architectures
- Strong C coding skills and understanding of the language mechanics
- Solid understanding of C compilers and options (gcc, clang, etc)
- Familiarity with x86 and MIPS architecture
- Valgrind, GDB, Sanitizers
- Scripting skills with bash and python
- Strong knowledge of static analysis, dynamic analysis, and code coverage tools
- Understand quality improvement mechanisms (unit test, automated regression, etc)
- Understanding of networking and network appliances
- Ability to work well with a group of senior engineers in a dynamic environment
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.