Senior Director, Technical Revenue
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Sr. Director of Technical Revenue will possess strong organizational, communication and management skills. The candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to provide solutions for issues identified. The successful candidate is a competent individual with integrity, accountability, strong interpersonal skills, and a team player. The position requires a “hands-on” person who is flexible, hard-working and able to work well under pressure.
- Provide strong leadership, direction, mentoring and development of global technical revenue team members
- Partner with Sales, Legal, FP&A, and Sales Operations on non-standard contract review to determine revenue impact and provide recommendations to maximize revenue
- Provide research, guidance, drafting and/or review of technical revenue accounting memos
- Drive improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness into the technical revenue process
- Partner with Marketing on evaluation of sales incentive programs and other partner programs
- Partner with Product management on roadmap creation and review
- Design, manage and execute certain SOX key controls
- Develop and update revenue accounting policies and procedures
- Engage with and support the external audit activities and audit preparation
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed
- BA or BS in finance/accounting. CPA is required
- 15+ years of high-tech revenue recognition or public accounting experience
- Deep knowledge of ASC 606 revenue rules
- Be able to think creatively to overcome challenges and implement vision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong ability to manage relationships, think critically and solve problems
- Proven ability to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions in revenue recognition. Our revenue accounting department solves technical issues, helps create automation, improves processes and builds strong cross-functional partnerships. The ideal candidate has deep ASC 606 knowledge, strong excel and system skills is a great communicator and a team player. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within revenue accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business-critical problems. If you’re seeking a challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.