At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Senior Accountant to the team to help drive financial accounting quality, accounting process efficiencies and robust internal controls through the Company’s continued high pace of growth. This person will perform general accounting tasks and work with a cross-functional team, support projects and implement process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts, ensuring accuracy and adherence to GAAP
- Support monthly closing activities by preparing, verifying, and entering accurate journal entries
- Assist with periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets
- Prepare supports per audit PBC request in various areas
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis
- Assist with significant projects such as system implementations or integration of acquisitions to ensure proper risk mitigation considerations and procedures are implemented
- Research, resolve and operationalize complex and non-routine accounting transactions
- Identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations to address issues and improve accounting processes/efficiencies
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and tackle problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Big 4 accounting firm experience a plus
- CPA or equivalent a plus
- Experience with SAP or other large ERP systems a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a
fast-pacedand continuously changing environment
- Promotes collaboration and works well with others
- Ambitious, detail-oriented, and positive attitude
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing with automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or