Director of Marketplace Sales and Demand Creation
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Director of Marketplace Sales and Demand Creation, we are looking for an experienced sales leader to drive our product acceleration for our low friction, high-velocity sales model. Beyond traditional GTM, messaging, strategy and value proposition, we are looking for this lead to think creatively while being technically grounded in GTM (go-to-market) marketplace selling motions and marketing lead flows.
A qualified candidate will have substantial experience in bringing products to market, aligning messaging, and developing GTM strategies for this model. In this role, you will own a quota for our own Marketplace and Cloud Provider Marketplaces.
- Work closely with Palo Alto Networks sales leadership and key product management leaders to develop the overall GTM strategy, design, implementation, and foundation for success for the high-velocity sales model
- Lead team to drive a customer/buyer’s journey approach to market adoption, sales/partner enablement and pipeline cultivation resulting in revenue
- Setup and drive direct and influence sales/revenue through Marketplace models, renewals, and BDRs
- Drive results and programmatic solutions for marketplaces, inside sales, funnel management and lead flow
- Drive content creation to support messaging and objectives for awareness and demand generation campaigns, communities, and workflows that produce marketing leads and referrals for BDRs
- Ensure that we have compelling to drive customer demand for our marketplaces, designated cloud provider marketplaces, Try & Buys and Self-Managed POCs
- Own strategy, execution, and quotas for Try & Buy and Trial Customer Experience
- Identify, drive and track metrics of success and best practices
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to think about the larger market from a sales perspective, how it is evolving, where we fit into that market, where our competition fits, and how we can capitalize on the Marketplace models
- Strategic Sales
- Obtain results through influence and business development expertise
- Track all opportunities, pipeline, and bookings and provide forecasts and funnel management reports
- Support Palo Alto Networks fields sales org on engagement management
- Facilitate sell-thru opportunities, account mapping and other sales engagements between Palo Alto Networks and users
- Business Development
- Design and implement different business models across Cloud Provider
- Marketplaces, internal Palo Alto Networks Marketplaces, Try and Buy, and Self-Managed POCs
- Marketplace Sales Knowledge
- Deep experience in the marketplace sales strategies
- Understand the products and how they fit into the marketplace at an expert sales level
- Demand Creation
- Expert ability to drive revenue from demand creation activities
- 10+ years of field sales influenced sales, and/or business development experience
- Enjoy operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and competitive environment with a focus on partner success
- Experience working with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success to build strategic programs that drive demand
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can blend technology and business strategy to develop and execute compelling marketplace models that yield revenue contributions
- Demonstrated experience developing effective sales messaging content and presentations
- Ability to provide market level or strategic level analysis for senior executives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert in SFDC
- Knowledge of firewall, endpoint security, and cloud security a plus
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.