Competitive Intelligence Engineer for Security Services
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Competitive Intelligence Engineer, you will play a key role in differentiating our security operating platform from our key competitors. You will be hands-on in competitive analysis, primary and secondary research and will also spend time engaging with internal and external key stakeholders to understand and highlight our unique value proposition. Your content will be used by Sales, Systems Engineering and Partners to successfully position our products and solutions against the competition.
You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player. Be passionate to drive revenue growth by assisting Sales, Partners, and Systems Engineering teams in large and strategic deals. The job requires 10% travel.
- Create and demonstrate replicable proof of concepts that highlight the key value proposition of our enterprise security products
- Research, analyze and keep up to date tab on competitive landscape, solution positioning, and market strategies to deliver competitive business insights and thought leadership
- Create compelling competitive collaterals in the form of battle cards, technical briefs, webinars and blogs for Sales, Systems Engineering and Partners
- Perform hands-on testing of Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall capabilities and compare with competitor’s product offerings
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management and Sales to strengthen our leadership in enterprise security
- Drive the success of customer engagements by assisting our field personnel with competitive differentiation both on a tactical and strategic level
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with next-generation firewalls
- 2+ years of work experience in Sales, Systems Engineering, Professional Services or Consulting in a technical capacity
- Experience in building a successful competitive intelligence framework and maintaining a test lab for technical analysis
- Competitive intelligence certifications such as CIP preferred
- Strong understanding of the cybersecurity industry and current threat landscape especially in network security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.