Staff Security Software Engineer (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the Information Security team, you will be responsible for designing and developing new shared services for our security fabric. You will take ownership of the full software stack, help in the design of the service architecture, utilize your software development skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with the product development teams in the whole software development cycle of the shared security services. This is a fast-paced, post-startup environment. Successful candidates will be customer-oriented, results-driven and passionate about building great products that will impact across the organization.
- Collaborate with internal customers to develop requirements, and prioritize work projects based on outcomes that drive risk reduction while reducing friction and increasing security effectiveness
- Partner with product engineering, security engineering, DevOps and infrastructure to build security products that help secure the brand and provide security services across the company
- Participate in working groups to problem solve and identify methods to improve or enhance existing tools, products and services
- Propose, architect, design and implement a scalable and highly available solution for security products and services in the roadmap
- Design, build, and automate scalable & resilient services in public and hybrid cloud
- Full stack development and end-to-end develop lifecycle
- Establish reporting capabilities to track and monitor health, conduct automated performance testing against infrastructure and technology stack
- Drive troubleshooting effort in response to incidents and perform root-cause analysis
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience in RESTful APIs and API Communication a plus
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as GCP and AWS a plus
- Experience with DevOps orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, etc., is a plus
- Experience with modern web build tools and frameworks such as npm/yarn, Webpack, ReactJS, Redux is a big plus
- Able to troubleshoot system-level integration and performance issues
- Fast learner and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
- Have a “Can-do” attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
- Enjoys working with different teams with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM or extreme programming methodologies
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This position is located in Santa Clara, CA
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information/cybersecurity, computer systems, IT, etc. MS/Ph.D. a plus
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.