Global Sales Effectiveness, Cortex
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This role develops, implements and manages enablement programs to ensure that the Palo Alto Cortex sales organization is well-equipped with the content, training, and resources as well as the sales behaviors and competencies required to meet sales goals and grow market share. We're looking for someone who can develop Sales Reps through role-play and real-time observation, focused feedback, skill gap analysis, and coaching that improve sales competence, sales confidence and executive level selling. The Sales Effectiveness Lead also helps new hires learn how to be successful in their roles, as well as helps existing sales professionals continue to invest in their professional sales skills to enhance selling success and to advance in their careers.
The ideal candidate should be ambitious and forward thinking – someone who continuously sets the bar higher with the enablement and reinforcement programs. This candidate will have experience developing and delivering enablement programs with a global scope.
- Collaborate with Sales, Technical Marketing, Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Finance, HR and other internal stakeholders as required to develop programs and content to enhance selling success.
- Leverage strong project management skills to deliver programs on time, in budget and as defined within the project plan.
- Partner with sales teams to identify gaps in performance and develop recommendations and programs to improve. Collaborate with Area Directors to determine key skills and gaps to focus on for existing Sales Reps and new hires as they transition out of on-boarding.
- Collaborate to react quickly to any decrease in metrics, or market changes, putting a plan into place with stakeholders to make immediate improvements.
- Think strategically about Palo Alto Network’s Cortex sales strategy and build programs to cover market, competition, company, products and services, sales processes, sales methodology, manager, coaching, sales tools and skills training.
- Capitalize on your sales methodology experience to help shape and define a sales methodology for Cortex sales.
- Take the strategies, competitive plays, and differentiation created by the Product Marketing team and turn it into compelling and persuasive enablement for the sales teams.
- Support sales certifications and work with managers to ensure compliance across teams.
- Establish key performance indicators to track sales training program efficacy; work with Sales Leadership and Sales Operations to further develop and maintain KPIs, dashboards, and reporting to drive curriculum improvements.
- Test, assess, and measure effectiveness using NPS, surveys, and other mechanisms; and constantly improve based on feedback
- Act as the point of contact and valuable resource for new hires throughout their new hire journey.
- Experience in selling security software and/or network infrastructure as well as enterprise software or enterprise SaaS products. Deep understanding of sales, sales development and enablement strategies. 2+ years delivering sales results in a quota carrying role.
- 3+ years of sales enablement/productivity, sales development (SDR role), or product marketing experience.
- Comfortable is hyper-growth, disruptive environment that focuses on collaboration, execution and inclusion.
- High-energy person who loves engaging people.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent. Training certifications, or other related field experience in training design, development and management of large-scale projects.
- Ability and desire to work across and collaborate cross-functionally. Ability to gain buy-in and acceptance for programs at the organizational as well as sales level.
- Demonstrate a passion for technologies and solutions, and a strong aptitude for business strategy.
- Strong project management skills combined with an ability to define key performance metrics to measure impact of sales enablement initiatives on sales productivity and effectiveness.
- Experience in developing, implementing and coaching within a defined sales methodology.
- Experience with the Challenger Sale and MEDDIC.
- Exceptional people, presentation, motivational, verbal and written skills.
- Agile and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations. Maintain direct communication and coordinate with other onboarding and training teams.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and possess multitasking skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while maintaining short response and resolution times.
- 5+ years of experience designing/delivering training and coaching to sales professionals.
- High proficiency in using multiple and innovative training delivery methods and mediums to include blended learning solutions and online tools such as webcast, podcast, and eLearning/LMS. Loves new technology and innovate approaches as it applies to enablement.
- Results-oriented with demonstrated leadership skills. Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
- Expertise with Salesforce, collaboration tools (G Suite, Zoom, Slack). Advanced Skills in spread sheets and skilled at building slide presentations.
- 10% - 25% travel is required.
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyber threats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.