Intern - DevOps Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a DevOps Engineer Intern, you will be working in our Global Security Research Team on Cloud Infrastructure and automation tools like Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Prometheus and Grafana. The team consists of DevOps and Security Automation Engineers focused primarily on building automation pipelines, gathering/cleansing data, creating web dashboards, monitoring, DB performance tuning, and DBA activities, etc. This team supports a larger team of researchers who breakdown threats and malware to gain an understanding of the common Adversary.
We are looking for a talented and motivated intern who will be able to conceive, design, implement and evaluate systems to detect and prevent various threats in the security Landscape.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
● Exposure to learning advanced Kubernetes and Ansible for orchestration and configuration management
● Overall experience with Systems deployment, config management, and operations ● Ability to code in Python (advanced scripting as part of Network automation)
● Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
● Ability to analyze and redesign business process workflows
● Computer science or Electrical engineering preferred
● Proficiency in Python and Bash
● Strong knowledge of Linux - CentOS, Ubuntu
● Experience with Nginx, Kubernetes, Istio,
● Infrastructure as Code - Terraform, Ansible, Git, Puppet
● Knowledge of building docker containers
● Working knowledge of Load Balancers, FW and networking
● Exposure to Public Cloud Platforms - GCP (preferred), AWS
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
The Prisma Access Cloud team is part of Network Security and is responsible for delivering consistent security to remote networks and mobile users. This team helps in creating infrastructure in cloud, scaling, monitoring and automating toil that comes with running services in production.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.