Inside Sales Systems Engineer - Greater China (Shanghai based)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As an Inside Sales Systems Engineer, you present out Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) solution to potential customers - crafting and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, and making expert technical recommendations. It’s your technical expertise that gives our client’s peace of mind that these solutions are right for their cybersecurity concerns.
- Work supporting Inside Sales rep discovering customer environment, infrastructure and building interest in Palo Alto Networks solutions
- Provide technical support in sales presentations, technical answers and solutions demonstrations
- Contribute to Inside Sales strategy and helps translate our strategy into Inside Sales using speech and messaging
- Support Customers and Partners webinars and UTD organized by Inside Sales SE Team
- Provide hands-on expertise for customer remote demonstrations, webinars, UTD
- Effectively lead conversations about Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of products and solutions that clearly differentiates from competitors or legacy security solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Actively expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts
- Maintain key partner technical relationships and effectively enable and use channel partners to excel in a channel-driven sales model
- Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of the Palo Alto Networks platform and clearly differentiate from competitors, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Gather customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps
- Building and maintaining of an SE lab for testing and training purposes and assisting with customer EBC visits
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as a successful SE, systems integrator, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances, such as Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under pressure
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Knowledge of L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Experience training customers and partners on the technical subject matter, including new networking and security features
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.