Palo Alto Networks is a quick paced, fast growing cyber security company and equal employment opportunity employer. Our Global Employment, Litigation and Ethics team is seeking a smart, enthusiastic, and experienced investigator who will be a neutral fact finder to ensure our employees adhere to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (COBCE) and our company values. You will be part of a central team that works in conjunction with our partner groups: People Partners, Global Ethics Team, Security, Internal Audit and Employment Legal. You will advise on and conduct investigations. You will devise, follow and advise on appropriate protocol for a broad range of investigations and develop appropriate investigation documentation and recommendations for management.
At Palo Alto Networks, our legal team is working to keep pace with the rapid growth of the company and we consider ourselves to be a true business partner providing practical, yet sage legal advice. Our team consists of legal professionals with diverse backgrounds and skills who have set an extremely high bar for providing in-house legal services. If you are smart, practical, motivated and have a good sense of humor, you’ll fit right in at Palo Alto Networks. This position reports to the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel. The position is ideally based in Santa Clara, California.
As a member of Palo Alto Network’s fun and fast-paced Legal Department and Global Employment, Litigation and Ethics team, you will:
- Conduct internal investigations of alleged violations of the COBCE and other company policies, as well as U.S. and international laws. This includes, but is not limited to, claims of financial misconduct, bribery and corruption, conflicts of interest, expense fraud and workplace investigations.
- You will also partner with key stakeholder groups to supervise investigations to ensure prompt, thorough and fair investigations in accordance with company standards and local requirements.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to recommend corrective action and improved controls.
- You’ll oversee and maintain the investigation management system and analyze reports made to identify statistically significant compliance risk areas and unfavorable trends.
- You’ll track national and international developments in investigation best practices to update or modify our internal investigation process.
- You will collaborate on programmatic initiatives including ethics training and global risk assessments.
- You will develop investigative training materials and templates
- May include travel, sometimes on short notice
- Strong conceptual and analytical problem solving skills; someone who can grasp complex situations, proven track record of analyzing vast amounts of data and information and cut through to the key elements without getting lost in the detail.
- Ability to judge an audience and deliver information in a relevant, concise and clear manner.
- Highly collaborative; an open individual with the highest level of integrity who can work successfully with multi-disciplinary, multi-national teams.
- A confident, self-starting individual full of ideas and energy.
- Experienced traveler, ability to operate in culturally sensitive situations whilst having strong back bone as well.
- A first-class communicator (verbal and written) who is results-orientated and possesses sound judgement to match the requirements of assessing workplace and ethics matters in an international context.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience conducting investigations or audits in challenging environments such as in-house, law enforcement, law firm, or audit/forensic firm.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to organize and analyze data.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high level of objectivity.
- JD preferred.
- Ability to establish strong cross-functional relationships at all levels and geographies.
- Ability to process and manage large caseloads.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize numerous tasks in a time sensitive environment.
- Team player, with the ability to fit in well with the Palo Alto Networks Legal Department.
- Advanced Excel and Salesforce knowledge (PivotTables, Formulas, VLOOKUP, etc.).
- Experience with SaaS and channel sales organizations.
- Understanding of employment law concepts in workplace investigations.
- Forensic accounting experience/CFE is a plus.