Channel Business Manager - GSI
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Associate Channel Business Manager (Associate CBM, GSI) Channel business manager role focusing on driving relationship across Emerging with our top Global System integrators. The person would help drive the engagement in Central offices and ensure alignment with sales and channel teams across the region. He or she will be also responsible for enabling those GSIs and collaborate with our emea central GSI team to drive the cadence in the business.
You work dedicatedly with our Field and Inside Sales teams to drive net-new business and incremental market share. The role will focus on delivering measurable results, including increased Bookings, NextWave Partner Program compliance, and increased net-new customer acquisition through sales and marketing efforts.
- Contribute to the Country channel business plan that will provide appropriate coverage and capacity to support target growth
- Build a regular cadence of relationship-building, responsible for “partner peering” exercises to enable stronger partnerships
- Work at a “deal level” to facilitate the Partner pipeline, provide weekly tactical support on order processing and order management, and ensure purchase orders are submitted in a timely manner according to Sales forecasts in Salesforce
- Educate partners on the our NextWave Partner program and our enterprise security platform value proposition to drive growth
- Leverage local Distributors to build the business with your partners in all aspects (training, enablement, marketing, sales, support, etc.)
- Accept inbound and perform outbound telephone calls from/to partners and make weekly onsite visits to Partner to identify sales opportunities, enable pipeline growth, and drive partner connectivity
- Work with Country leadership (Sales, SE, Marketing, Channel) to build Partner Business Plans. Ensure the right cross-functional and decision-making stakeholders at the Partner are involved in the Business Plan process and sign-off on its approval
- Develop and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with cross-functional stakeholders from both organizations to measure progress against mutual business objectives
- Share and communicate partner needs to internal teams; translate Partner needs into solutions
- Actively work with the Partners Inside Sales and Field Sales organizations to proactively generate leads and to have Palo Alto Networks introduced to Partners’ customers and prospects
- Balance short term initiatives with longer-term development
- Responsible for bringing vendor and partner sales organizations together for Account Mapping and Sales Alignment
- Work with Distribution on tactical deal-level pricing strategies for Partners
- University (Bachelor’s) degree or equivalent education
- 4-5 years of dynamic channel development experience in French-speaking Africa
- 1-2 years experience working in channel organizations (Distributor or Partner/System Integrator) preferred
- Tangible track record of building channel business successfully in a fast-growing environment
- 4+ years in selling B2B, 3 years of related experience in a high-tech, fast-paced company
- Strong proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Key relationships built at named Partner(s) and large systems integrators
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer, business and negotiation skills
- An understanding of the sales process and Business Needs of the named partners
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization
- Willing to be part of an ambitious, successful, fast growing company, offering unique and disruptive technology that addresses the security business needs of a fast-growing customer and prospect base
- Understands the monthly sales cycle of a hardware and software business
- Be naturally strategic as well as "hands-on" and able to solve daily tactical problems
- Impeccable character and high ethical standards
- Languages: Fluent Arabic, French, and English
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products. This team amplifies our organization’s products, focusing on efficient, empowering business tactics to enable a group of channel partners to leverage and utilize our brand and products. This team drives educational understanding and depth of knowledge in a group of strong partners that delivers our products into multiple industries.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.