Staff Red Team Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact - one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly. It happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed…intentionally…to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
We are looking for a Senior level (Senior or Staff) Engineer to conduct strategic planning and execution of red team assessments. We need a creative engineer with a penchant for critical analysis.
As part of our Security Operations team, you will be responsible for red team exercise planning and execution.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where energy, drive, and a collaborative approach are key to success. In this role, you will:
- Design and execute red team scenarios to highlight gaps impacting enterprise security posture and readiness
- Deliver executive technical outbriefs to leadership across the organization
- Deliver detailed reports of technical findings to stakeholders and assist with the development of mitigation plans
- Assist with security investigations, root-cause analysis and corrective measures as required.
- Plan and manage engagements to be executed by external partners
- Stay current on exploitation and post-exploitation techniques and incorporate them into the red team arsenal
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in red team, network penetration testing or product security roles
- Must have the ability to perform targeted attacks with or without the use of automated tools
- Experience performing network penetration testing
- Experience performing application security assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
- Public speaking and demonstrated thought leadership in the security space
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our culture and dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our careers page.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about the amazing work experience at Palo Alto Networks here!