Senior Software Engineer (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact - one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly. It happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed…intentionally…to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
This is different!!
We are seeking creative software developers / problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for developing and executing security projects and programs, building a mission critical service that will support every product line across the company as well as corporate security. You’ve not seen this before!!
You will be working very closely with the Information Security, DevOps, IT infrastructure and product teams to accomplish this and other security projects. This is a fast-paced environment and successful candidates will be customer-oriented, results-driven and passionate about building great products that will impact across the organization.
- Collaborate with internal customers to develop requirements, support decisions around build vs. buy, and prioritize work projects based on outcomes that drive risk reduction and operational effectiveness.
- Partner with product engineering, security engineering, DevOps and infrastructure to build security products that help secure the brand and provide security services across the company.
- Participate in working groups to problem solve and identify methods to improve or enhance existing tools, products and services.
- Propose, architect, design and implement a scalable and highly available solution for security products and services in the roadmap.
- Design, build, maintain, and scale production services in public cloud or hybrid environments.
- Automate provisioning and operating infrastructure at large scale.
- Develop solutions to enable CI/CD and automate testing and release management for development, QA testing, pre-production, production and post-release cycles.
- Establish reporting capabilities to track and monitor health, conduct automated performance testing against infrastructure and technology stack.
- Drive troubleshooting effort in response to incidents and perform root-cause analysis.
- Advanced experience in building great software or have served in a DevOps role
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience in building solutions in public cloud such as GCP, AWS, Azure, etc., good knowledge of GCP cloud services a plus
- Experience with DevOps orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- Proficient in at least one modern compiled programming language such as Java, Scala, or C/C++
- Experience in at least one scripting language preferably Python, Perl or Ruby
- Experience in building operational reports and dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting with knowledge in monitoring tools like Datadog, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience in web application development and familiar with MVC, HTML, AngularJS and similar front end development technology stacks
- Good understanding of JSON, XML, XML schema, and related technologies
- Experience in working and developing in both Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of network devices, firewalls, IDS/IPS, TCP/IP protocols, and general network architecture a plus
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM or extreme programming methodologies
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
- Thirst for exploring leading edge security technologies and the experience to analyze and resolve security issues
- Team player, able to dealing with conflicts and a quick learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This position is located in Santa Clara, CA
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our culture and dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our careers page.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the amazing work experience at Palo Alto Networks here!